Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The connecting bar is a C-Channel.
    There are half moon Notchs in the middle ! not on the ones in my pictures as i took those pictures before i did the install into my VX...Before i made a few adjustments to the Brackets ! Like the half moon in the middle and the horizontal notchs...Just didnt take pictures of the final peice cause i couldnt get a good shot of them inside the door...had other work to perform in the shop and needed to pull my car out, so i did the adjustments without taking the windows out completely.
    As far as shims? vertical adjustments? I've read all the threads on these fix's before i took my glass out! I tried every thing that has been discussed and none has help with my tilt problem..(So i cant say by adjusting it vertically or horizontally or with shims will fix the tilt problem).Thats why i left enough Metal to notch out if the end user decides they want to try notching it out more one way or the other !
    The Metal clips i made fit just like the plastic ones except its all one peice as i see that to be more sturdy and more reliable then plastic as it can be glued one full lenght rather then at two seperate points!
    In my case of the tilt problem has nothing to do with the adjustment to my glass...There is to much play at the center point where the window mounts! i will address this problem when i get some time..........I made the metal clips to address the Broken plastic tab problem and the hassel of just replacing them with NEW plastic tabs that will just brake in the future,,,,,,
    I sent out 8 orders yesterday....so im sure by the end of next week we will be getting some feedback on these brackets as to how they are working out in other case's !!!!!!!!!
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com

((((I do have a question about the Nylon pad in the middle of the regulator lift arm. (that the glass should rest on when adjusted properly)))))

To answer that question!! Isuzu designed the glass to rest on the center plastic tab because..................There was no other center support for the glass! With the metal Replacements its all one peice, So the glass is supported from one mounting point to the other! The metal bracket is cut out to clear the center plastic tab.

Its just a real pile of dog poo the whole design! and i cant beleive the engineers put that in our VX's and called it good.

The glass should mount one way without any play or binding at all, Shims-Adjustments things like that might cure it for some....might work better for some and not for others.......Its not a 100% fix for all....thats what im after.....something that i can say...HERE this will work for that purpose........Like the Metal clips i made!!! that will cure the problem of the broken plastic ones and the hassel of finding replacement ones that will be plastic when you do find them!!!
    Tim
    www.streetboutiquecustoms.com