Thread: Permanent Fix for the plastic window tabs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385 View Post
    Thanks for the photos...

Having not done this repair yet and having the brackets......
    This is a stupid question...but how do you get the window pane out and then back in with the brackets attached...Just trying to paint the picture without acutally having expierence with the inards of the door.
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing! It is really really easy though, I could tell you nothing but try it yourself and you would be able to figure it out. Basically once you have the old plastic tabs un bolted, as you pull the window up out of the door, it naturally tilts towards the front of the car and as it does you notice that the rear of the glass is cut to allow this to happen until the window pulls straight up out of the window towards the outside of the cabin side of the window frame. The only tricky part is the tabs/bracket snag just a little on the motor mount/pulley thing but all you have to do is eyeball it and add a little force to compress the window seal to allow for a little more room and it makes it with plenty of room to spare, it really is very very simple, thank goodness the window is cut with that angle in the rear so it will rotate forward and pull straight out! But then again maybe it is that dang cut in the glass that allows it to tilt when we DON'T want it to come out of the door! lol

You can see the beginning of that angled cut in the 1st photo I posted at the very right of the photo, that is the passenger side window, with the inside glass facing up and the outside of the glass resting on the ground, so if you were standing inside the door frame with the passenger side door open you would pull the window up and rotate counter clockwise, with the top of the glass rotating towards the front of the car and then pull straight up watching for the tabs to not catch at the very top of the window seal.
    Last edited by LittleBeast : 09/25/2008 at 11:55 AM