Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How bad is my alignment?

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
    No problem - glad you got it sorted out.

There are few symptoms in a vehicle that are almost always one or two possible problems, but a vibration in certain speed ranges is one of them.

Badguy... do you by any chance have Tone's seat rail extenders installed? I put them in mine, and they didn't fit so well, and they eventually stressed the seat frame rails until a weld cracked. The passenger seat had a nasty shake to it at that point, but I had the frame rails replaced (under my extended warranty -suckers!).
    Hey VehiGAZ,

I do not have the frame rail extenders for the passenger seat. but perhaps there is something wrong with the seat rails anyway. I'll see what i can do with the seat tomorrow, now that there is something i can look for.

thanks!
    James

I put the seat rail extenders on mine and haven't noticed any problems. They were a tight fit (so tight that I stripped a bolt trying to get them installed). Once I tapped the hole though and finished the installation, no problem. During the install did you insert all the mounting bolts loosly and then tighten them all after everything was in place? That should have kept you from getting any stress fractures.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    It didn't. It was just a very difficult fit - I think it was the backs of the rails that needed to be pushed laterally to get the bolts in, and that was after shaving some metal. After I put them in, no one ever got back there, and my wife hated the new seating positition - too far forward and too high.