Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania Meet? Allentown/Reading

Pennsylvania Meet? Allentown/Reading

Hey to all you Eastern Pennsylvania VXers out there! was talkin with spike earlier today and got to talking about testing out our VXs at Rausch Creek in PA, its about 2 hours from Philly.. about an an hour and 15 minutes from allentown.. they have free on site campgrounds so we could make a weekend of it for those who have a longer drive, if i make the drive up there ill definitely be staying for a weekend

anyone have input about a time that would be good for them to go? we would be sticking to some easier trails since we are both stock as far as suspensions go

also spike and i will be heading out to newtown square this friday for the monthly car show, its been good times at the last two so im looking forward to another, anyone interested we will probably get there between 5-530 at O'Reilly Pontiac Buick GMC on rt 3 in newtown square

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

I would love to meet you guys down there, or vice versa, since I'm already going to be there!

http://www.jonfund.com/coolride/

It's the second weekend in August, Fri Sat Sun the 10th, 11th, and 12th. You could sign up and go with us or I could just meet you guys there and we could hang for a day. It's a great bunch of guys, a family type club, and this is a weekend package, meaning food (lunches,dinners and drinks), T-shirts, stickers, trail guides, etc. Besides that, it's mostly Jeep guys so it would be REALLY cool to have some VXers there.

It would be awesome to see you guys there. I was looking for some VERY easy wheeling if any at all. I'm just wanting not to break anything ELSE.

I'll keep an eye on the thread,
    Thanks,
    Brian
    '01 Proton 1416

i would be interested into it

How far......

How far from NYC is Rausch? I know Allentown isn't to far, but never heard of Rausch. If my work schedule permits I might be up for checking it out.
    99 Ebony Black
    The Jersey Fish
    East Rockaway NY
    NYPD's Finest

sweet bbvx.. thats weekend works for me as far as i can tell, sounds pretty cool to me, i just dont wanna hurt my stock vx!

jerseyfish.. google maps puts rausch about 2 and a half hours from nyc

figure i should mention the price is a little steep...
    $10 for a membership (required for anyone going into the park for the first time)

then 30 per driver and 5 per passenger per day (the 5 per passenger is waived the first day w/ purchase of membership)

but camping is free if we rough it in tents
    Last edited by etlsport : 07/16/2007 at 04:09 PM

Thats....

Easily doable then, Not that far at all. The only limitation that I have is work, I'm just swinging into weekends now since I work a 5 on 2 off, 5 on 3 off schedule.
    When were you thinking of putting this together?

It's 113 miles out rte 78, that's an hour and a half, at a reasonable speed.

well bbvx will already be there aug 10-12 so that is a pretty good weekend to shoot for, the more the merrier

figure i should mention the price is a little steep...
    $10 for a membership (required for anyone going into the park for the first time)

then 30 per driver and 5 per passenger per day (the 5 per passenger is waived the first day w/ purchase of membership)

but camping is free if we rough it in tents

http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

Yeah, the park is kind of expensive, but they do have a lot of cool stuff.

I think the Jonfund package is like 159 for three days park fees plus two lunches and two BIG dinners, I've been in charge of setting up the meals. This is also kind of expensive but you get more stuff. I probably wouldn't do it if I wasn't in the club, simply because I don't wheel on Sunday, that's usually when I drive home. I don't know, I guess it's a toss up, it will be more money, but I think the food will be worth it.

But yeah, there will be pre-packed lunches and two nice sit-down dinners. We usually download our pix into a laptop and watch them up on a big screen during dinner. It's neat to recap the day with "live" pictures.

Either way, if you guys just wanted to come out for the day, the park will be open and we could just go off on our own. Most of the guys in the club will be doing the harder stuff anyway.

Brian

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    I'm a little tight on cash since I'm STILL out of work ... and I just committed some other expenses recently.

But I could possibly do 1 day or 2...
    (Most likely Fri & Sat or just one of them)
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

no friday classes for me so i could probably meet u out there friday and hit the trails, i know most people probably have work then though, so more people would probably come saturday so youll hafta stay for that too, i know i will... i think i would prefer to go seperate from the jeep group though just in the interest of saving $$ chances are i will only wheel 2 days.. and if camping is free already delicious camp food will be a few burning twigs away

brian, i will almost without a doubt be out there friday and/or saturday (probably both) so ill go ahead and put it on the meets calendar and hopefully many others will be able to join us, pretty sure spike said he could make it at least one of the days.. buddy of mine in a cherokee might be around too

Excellent! Can't wait to see you guys there!

Anyone else???

Brian

Wish I could make it, I have a wedding that weekend, not mine.

It would be a struggle anyway, I am so consumed with my new (to me) Z3 that the VX is lucky if it gets started once a week.

Anyway, have a good time! Maybe next time for me, I'd love to see everyone else's rides.

Cheers!

sorry to hear you cant make it skidplate!

here is the link to the event i created http://www.vehicross.info/forums/cal...8-10&e=247&c=1