Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ABS Light????

Unhappy ABS Light????

My ABS Light came on tonight. For no reason at all. I don't know what happened? I am so sad. I just fixed the Mode switch and now this... Yipes! Help me...!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Oh there most certainly is a reason. It's probably the control unit.

When was the last time you needed your ABS? Really??? There is another thread discussing this...

I too have a full time ABS light. Sorry to hear about yours being on.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN

My ABS Light came on tonight. For no reason at all. I don't know what happened? I am so sad. I just fixed the Mode switch and now this... Yipes! Help me...!
    Don't take it so hard little sister...Dino's right, it's not time to panic, people drove cars around in relative safety for DECADES before ABS came along.
    This can be fixed at your lesiure, as fundage allows. (check around the salvage yards) Or quickly, by putting a peice of black tape over the warning light.

Agreed....my abs light came on a few months ago due to a bad "hydraulic box" which will cost $2,500 to replace. Luckily ABS is nice to have, but you can certainly survive without it....

Check out misc for sale I posted the email address of a salvage yard that is parting out a VX you may be able to get what you need their

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Many owners have lived without ABS for years and swear to better control of braking because of it.

When my ABS light came on my mechanic checked the ABS sensors at the wheels as well as the hydraulic module. He found that my hydraulic module went out as well as the truck's ECM partition controlling the ABS. I purchased another ECM and hydraulic module from a low mileage totaled VX , saving a ton of dinero. Those parts are crazy expensive!!
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

With my personal expiriense i think the ABS system in my VX is really sensitive because the other day i was driving my VX and i was braking before stop sign and the road was pretty bumpy and i was going 40 so i tryed to brake and my ABS start shooting my brake pedal back so i almost got in accident because of it. Some how i stoped really really close to the car in front of me. So i prefer not to have ABS then have it like that.
    Just my 2 cents

Thanks all for the support!!! I am just bummed 'cause I fixed the Mode position switch and not even a month later the ABS light comes on... I don't like lights on my dash being on... Unless it's when i am using my turn signal or something. Oh well...guess I gotta do what I gotta do...Check the bone yards, 'cause I definitely can't afford $2,500 YIPES!

::letting out a frustrated sigh::

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    This can be fixed at your lesiure, as fundage allows. (check around the salvage yards) Or quickly, by putting a peice of black tape over the warning light.
    I like this idea! I think that is what I am going to do for the mean time. Thanks Big Brother!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

Any time...

Clean?

Just when I thought I was going to have to troubleshoot my abs light this weekend.... I drove through the rain last night, real heavy rain and guess what... no abs light anymore.. must have been mud on a sensor or something.. WOOHOO!

Dino, just wondering. What we discussed last time, wonder if a few panic stops on loose or wet stuff might reset the light? Just a thought.
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Nope. When that light is on, the system is OFF.

It seems to have a mind of it's own. I drove around yesterday with everything fine. I went to the grocery store, came back to my VX turned it on and the stupid light is back on again!!! Humph! I was so excited too... Oh well. Maybe it will be in a good mood today and behave. LOL

I had an intermittent ABS light and checked the fuse and it went off. it happened again and i pulled the fuse and put it back in and it went off. replaced the fuse and it stayed off. I assume it to be a poor connection due to dirt/oil/etc.

Now i have an interior switch so i can kill the ABS from inside the cab. i got sick of needing to get out of the car and pull the fuse every time i got to my off road destination. ABS does a great job of preventing break lock-ups on pavement. But on dirt you're always slipping. so your ABS will "half-break" you right off a cliff. in dirt you want to lock up and dig in.

sub-note: when trouble shooting your ABS, dont forget the system doesn't reset until you turn the car all the way off and then on again.

IronWoman, Not to say this will fix it, but would you try something for me. Go out on a dirt road and when its safe, make some panic stops. MAYBE, just MAYBE, using the ABS controller will help it. Be safe when you do this if you do it. But if you do, let us know the results. Not saying it's going to fix it, but maybe by using the controller it will heal it's self, maybe.