Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cladding - The FINAL solution?

I got a better idea... go to the U pull it, and grab a hunk of Avalanche, or Rav4 that is real nasty, and test fly this stuff first. I'd love an alternative to what I do now. Rhino Liner is a permanent (and heavy) option, that will take a licking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    I got a better idea... go to the U pull it, and grab a hunk of Avalanche, or Rav4 that is real nasty, and test fly this stuff first. I'd love an alternative to what I do now. Rhino Liner is a permanent (and heavy) option, that will take a licking.
    Does anyone know for SURE that the Avalanche and Rav4 parts are made of EXACTLY the same plastic?

Thats why I contacted them to let them know who we are, what we have. Let's hope they want to do some business with us. As far as color's, looks like all they offer is: Light, Medium, Dark Grey and Black
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaleboy
    I don't like the option of spraying liner on it either.

What are the negatives of the spray liner? You don't like the look or is there something more to it?

I think this is my next mod....

Hey Whaleboy, sorry for the thread jack but I have some questions about your headlight mod - could you clean out your mailbox so I can send you some questions or do you have a thread on it somewhere I could glance at? Thanks.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

The only negatives I can think of with spray on, is the weight...the rubbery texture is a matter of personal taste. It will stick forever, and it'll turn back a pretty good sized rock or stick.

Quote Originally Posted by rowhard
    Whaleboy, nice fine. I contacted them and told them about us and that we have the same issues, so maybe they will come up with a color match for the VX. I also suggest that they contact Moncha, maybe he will let them list their product here.
    Just received a email from them on the VX in Boca Raton, Fl (anyone we know) that they just did. The color they used is dark grey which he said was a perfect match for our cladding for those of us that want to maintain originality.

I'm buying it. Don't know how soon I'll get it on though, because I'm going to pull the cladding off to shoot it. Promise I will put up pictures when I actually get around to putting it on. Might do black...I'll sleep on it,and order tomorrow

Hey Chop, how close is that place to you? Be nice to get a first hand opinion other then a sales rep.

As far as pulling the cladding. The way I thought about doing it is to remove the upper hardware them stick a shim between the cladding and the sheet metal to get a space between the 2, but then, I am pretty lazy when you get right down to it.

I want the door jambs and edges to match, the only way to do that is shoot it off the truck. Seems they are in Tampa. Depending on where, 3-4.5 hours away.

this is an awesome find, can't wait to hear a real experience with it.

The thing i worry about with hitting it with liner is whether it will fade as well... some of my buddies truck beds are lighter gray than my cladding now...

If that's not the case, my brother shoots trucks with it, so I'll just get him to mix me up a low texture batch and go to town.

but i would rather use this stuff if it works well...
    macintosh man

Be nice to know who that is in Boca Raton, Fl that had it done. Let them be the group tester.

Volum311 lives there. Try to pm him.

99 White, 99 Astral Silver, 01 Kaiser Silver
    Zeus, I didn't realize the thread I had originally posted got turned into a HOW-TO. You can find more info about the projectors here

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.ph...ewarticle&id=9

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Hey Whaleboy, sorry for the thread jack but I have some questions about your headlight mod - could you clean out your mailbox so I can send you some questions or do you have a thread on it somewhere I could glance at? Thanks.
    Brian Cozzens - Art Director
    Borderlands / Aliens: Colonial Marines
    www.gearboxsoftware.com

99 White, 99 Astral Silver, 01 Kaiser Silver
    So I guess none of the members have had a chance to try this yet? Think I'm about to make the jump.