Thread: I'm sick...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm sick...

I've got an extreme case of "Needs-to-moditis" probably contracted it when i was bit by the infamous vx bug... there is no known cure.. there is no way to subdue its symptoms (compulsive modding)... the only way to make it easier to live with is getting a second job.............

i did it again.. another mod.. lights under the hood.. for when i need to check/fill oil at night or just in case....

supplies...
    1 pin switch that closes when the hood is open ($1.50)
    1 set of led assemblies (Pilot) from autozone ($30)

1 drill w/ 3/8" drill bit
    wire connectors (1 ring, 1 female spade connector)
    zip ties
    wire strippers (aka a sharp pocket knife)
    coat hanger (just makes life easier)

drilled a hole in the small ledge where the hood sits near the battery in the engine bay.. mounted the pin switch there

mounted the lights using supplied 3m adhesive on the ridge facing down just past the hook that holds the hood down, my assemblies stick down about 1" so you have some room to work with if you cant find low profile lights

ran the wires under(over) the insulation attached to the underside of the hood.. when it came out the bottom i used e-tape to attach the wires to he windshield fluid tubes, zip ties work too but i wanted to make sure not to pinch the tubes shut, ran it around with the fluid tubes all the way to the pin switch where i put the female spade connector on the ground (black) wire and connected that to bottom of the pin switch

connected the power red and blue power wires to the positive terminal on the battery using the ring connector (usually there will be just 1 red power wire.. my lights have a red and a blue for different flashing functions, connecting both red and blue to the battery gives me constant on) zip tie/e-tape everything in place.. and voila all done now its like daytime under my hood all the time

Last edited by etlsport : 07/26/2007 at 04:26 AM

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"