Thread: The Official Parts Thread

The Official Parts Thread

Many of us know of VX's in salvage yards, or misc. parts laying around that aren't appropriate for the "parts for sale" forum since we don't own the parts.

If you find a VX for parts or know of one....post the info (with a description)here, please. Hopefully this can be an ongoing thread since we are constantly looking for parts these days.

Thanks.

Bim

PS...I am now officially out of parts connections.....they're ALL gone!!!

For some unknown reason {I suspect insanity} salvage yards are not keeping vx parts . I knew of 2 that were crushed in the last month. I tried to buy one complete {rollover] but yard pulled drive train and crushed the rest. Other one was interior fire and yard sold misc pieces and then crushed. What is with them don't they know how hard it is to get parts.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

??? hmmm...

<hijack>

It might be far fetched, but...

I wonder if there's a way to develop a repository/section of this site for salvage yards to access... where they could input their information on a VX they have, so we all know about it.

or, find a way to 'tap' into the nationwide salvage yard database (I'd assume one exists...), and extract the classification/string 'vehicross', etc., so it dynamically posts to vx.info in the newly created section...

They'd sell more parts from their salvage VX's, and we'd have access to more parts for this increasingly rare vehicle. Win. Win.

just a thought.

</hijack>

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

jim2545

He is right I saw a VX part being advertised on ebay. I did not need it but saw a rack on the vehicle picture. I emailed the seller (a salvage yard) bought the rack from him and then posted the contact info on this site. In 24 hours the message I posted had 117 views and when I last spoke to the seller he was getting swamped with VX requests. He now loves the VX and will definately be posting any others he gets on the site.

Good thought Beej...It's been my experience that the national salvage yard search engines are cr*p and 99 of 100 lead to a dead end, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Bim

The place I ordered the axles from is:

APEX Auto Parts
    2113 S Santa Fe
    Oklahoma City, OK 73109

405/735-6400

www.apex-auto-parts.com

I only asked about axles but if they have one part they may have more.

I was also given these numbers that had axles available but didn't call them

800/582-6336 in PA

888/733-2540 in WV
    Last edited by tom4bren : 07/26/2007 at 11:41 AM

I have found that sometimes I can find what I need thru car-parts.com. There data base isn't always up to date but its worth a try. There are always a vx or two at insurance auto auction but you have to be a member to bid. These are salvage vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by jims585
    For some unknown reason {I suspect insanity} salvage yards are not keeping vx parts . I knew of 2 that were crushed in the last month. I tried to buy one complete {rollover] but yard pulled drive train and crushed the rest. Other one was interior fire and yard sold misc pieces and then crushed. What is with them don't they know how hard it is to get parts.
    Just had a thought, maybe it isn't worth the cyber-paper that it's written on, but,... Maybe someone out there know of a national organisation that these salvages yards belong to. Wonder if we, me, you, somebody could contact them and say HEY!, their is a group of VX fanatics at vehicross dot info that would gladly buy up most of these VX parts in a weekend if they would bother letting us know they have one. Just a thought. what say you?
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

There's a guy on Ebay right now selling a hood insert. In the description he says he's got other VX parts aside from the front-end. Collision, I assume? If you're looking for something specific, you might check with him.

2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock