I have this really cool mile and a half of rugged dirt road behind my home in Santa Cruz.It is on the spot of the old " Santa's Village" amusement park that I frequented when I was a kid. It has hair-pin turns, bumps, and in the winter it has deep puddles and mud deep enough to get stuck in. It doubles as the alternate route to my home at night when I am in the mood and sure no one is walking their dogs back there, for fear of getting chomped by mountain lions. Santa Cruz does not have too many off road areas for me to tear it up on , and this little stretch of road, that I lovingly nicknamed "the test track" is now being developed into a 40 parcel neighborhood. They are about to do the "environmental impact" report. I want to go plant some rare endangered salamanders or something back there to halt construction and save my favorite 4x spot.I live right at the base of the Santa Cruz mountains and the idea of them building a bunch of houses there for more rich silicon valley a-holes to polish their BMW's in front of makes me wanna puke up my sushi lunch!