Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: This Forum ROCKS !!!

Cool

[QUOTE=don moore]When I lived in wyoming..We would go 4x4ing and find a old car someone left out in the desert..and torch it..We made shure it was out ther for awhile...lol

Hey! I've pulled the tags and left more than a few cars, in all kinds of places. You may have smoked one of mine, had you been a couple thousand miles east, and twenty years older (more than likely) Once I smoked the engine in a '77 Gran Prix on I-95 with my son in the car. We limped into a neighborhood, engine banging, overheated, toasted, got out of the car, and gave the keys to a kid standing there (maybe 16) the title was in the glove box. He said something about liking it, so I gave it to him...title and all. We took a cab to my sisters house, which was not that far away. I love giving crap away... it always shocks folks. Ever throw the toll guy at a bridge, or whatever, the extra for the Yahoo behind you, pay the tab for the next knucklehead in line at the Burger King... then go away slow... watch what happens. Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer I love to ramble

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    And speaking of un-modded VXes not having weird problems, vs modded VXes having all the weirdness, how concerned should I be about a 1-2" lift?

I know this isn't the time or the thread, but I keep thinking about it. I think it is the final BIG mod that would make my beast look that much meaner. One or two inches is all I really want, just enough to fit some bigger rubber (I am thinking the Toyo M/Ts) and give me a little more clearance.

I just don't want all the weirdness.

Bart
    I am currently in this boat as well, as my wheels will be at my doorstep next week(!) and now I will be tire hunting this weekend.
    From where my VX sits now I want it a bit 'bigger' and I'd like to be able to get the right setup done the first time around.
    I'm unclear as to whether you just put the 912s and their 3" on or can you regulate how much of them you would like to benefit from.
    I too am interested in a slight step up but would rather not deal with any inherited stress on stock components.

I've been (speed?)reading lift threads all week now and I guess I need LASIK or something...

CrnCnn-
    what did you lift with?

i pmed ascinder about his setup.. he found some adjustable spacers that will let you reuse the stock springs but raise them however much you like, they are adjustable so im hoping for some good news back

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Thanks Bart! I am the "Massage Man" to man,woman and beast. my canine business is getting better all the time. I work on 5-6 dogs a week now,but enough about me.Back to VX stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Quote Originally Posted by cyronman
    CrnCnn-
    what did you lift with?
    Sorry wasnt paying attention.

I lifted with OME 912's and torsion crank. I will looking into doing the diff drop brackets when i get some money. I would really like to get a set off a broke VX so mine wont have to down. That way i also have an extra set if need be.

In addition to ROCKING, this forum is the only one I check on on a daily basis. I look at an MMA forum and most of those guys are full of themselves and rumors. I browse a couple here in Reno about off-roading in the area watching for nice pics and trail info.

Besides all of you are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    Ever throw the toll guy at a bridge, or whatever, the extra for the Yahoo behind you, pay the tab for the next knucklehead in line at the Burger King... then go away slow... watch what happens. Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer I love to ramble
    Damn, that's funny! It would be so worth it to plan ahead and buy a dildo or something to throw in some prude's grocery basket! Or leave a Penthouse mag open to the centerfold on the doorstep of a neighbor's house! Thanks Chopper, you might have given me a new hobby!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Tiny, little, bits, of controlled chaos...it's own reward.

The grocery cart gag is one of my favorites. My choice products were usually a nice jar of pig feet, or some adult diapers, like you said. Its just hilarious, especially when people aren't paying attention and actually buy it.

The other thing we did a few times, is have fun with a remote control fart machine. Basically a little hand held remote that controlled a fart noise making box that my freind would put in his back pocket. Then in the line at the store he would bend over to get something from the bottom of his cart, and I would be standing away somewhere and press the button. Its so funny to watch the reaction of the people behind him.

And golf courses? Man, we had loads of fun as kids living near golf courses. There was this one snobby country club in Flossmoor, IL that my friend lived across from. There were all sorts of kid sized holes cut in the fence around the perimiter of the course. Through the fence was about 25 yards of brush and trees, and then there was the fairway for one of the holes. We used to hide in the bushes and wait for the golfers to tee off. As their balls bounced in the fairway in front of us, we would run out, grab their balls off the ground, flip off the golfers and the sprint back toward our hole in the fence and to safety, usually while being chased by golf carts. We did this time and time again and never got caught. At night we would sneak in and take all the flags out of the holes and chuck them into the water traps, but not until we were done gouging massive holes into the putting green....oh man, I could go on and on. I miss being a kid in the 80s. We got away with sooooo much.

Bart

[QUOTE=Chopper]
    Quote Originally Posted by don moore
    Go thru the supermarket, and toss inappropriate items in someones basket on your way(ahhhhh, Preppy.......have some depends....or Masingill...some Ky and Magnums for the nice lady )......quarters in the salt shakers at the diner, poop in the cups(or insert really nasty, rotten, roadkill) at the local golf course....or is that just me??? Ever stuff sand down the oil fill on a construction company dozer I love to ramble

Egging and doorbell ditching...
    those were the days.

THis is some great stuff. Hell the first night my older brother finally got settled into his first house; I lit a brown bag of dog shat on his door step.

So uh.... ya..... back to Dub.... how did that re-route work out for ya? I know when i went back in to do it, it was pretty simple, but it did take some loosening up of the EGR block again just to be able to make more room for some hands to get to. And since I did it, I have checked that location quite a few times and everything seems to be quite situated and that fuel line is pretty safe still.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod
    So uh.... ya..... back to Dub.... how did that re-route work out for ya? I know when i went back in to do it, it was pretty simple, but it did take some loosening up of the EGR block again just to be able to make more room for some hands to get to. And since I did it, I have checked that location quite a few times and everything seems to be quite situated and that fuel line is pretty safe still.
    It's WAY good now...but I'll refer you to post 33 for a more detailed account of how fun it was...

I now notice harder/quicker throttle response when depressing the skinny. I believe it was squished badly enough to reduce the flow...but threw no CEL's...or maybe it did. I got a few when the weather was really hot & humid, but assumed they were weather related.

Had the EGR off twice...no replacement gasket in hand, just gotta love Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant.

I've got it all zip tied up & out of the way now & keeping a close eye on it.
    Last edited by Ldub : 08/07/2007 at 02:02 PM Reason: spellin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    Had the EGR off twice...no replacement gasket in hand, just gotta love Permatex Copper Spray-A-Gasket Hi-Temp Sealant.
    Nice Advert - I'll have to try it out on my EGR!

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Nice Advert - I'll have to try it out on my EGR!
    Yah...good stuff, first used it on the copper banjo fitting washers when I was having problems getting the crossover fuel line to seal.
    Didn't want to over torque them & strip the threads out of my formerly shiny aluminium fuel rails.