Thread: This Forum ROCKS !!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cool Dub, I will definitely take you up on that. Now, from everything I have been told from my boys here in Reno, all I need to do is put on the new springs in the rear and crank up my front end a little to acheive 1-2"s.....??

It sounds pretty easy. I would do it right now, but the though of spending another $1500 on tires kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a little. So I think I should at least wear out my BFG A/Ts.

With a 1" lift I am guess I will hardly notice a thing, but with 2"s I will be putting my CVs at more of an angle, correct? I mean, I have seen your lift and Ascinder's big 4"s and it is extreme, so I would like to play it as safe as I can without too much additional stress on the truck.

-Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    No worries Bart...like I said, it made my day & I got quite a good chuckle out of your faux eulogy.

I don't think you need to worry too much about an inch or two of lift...but bear in mind, any time you move away from stock, wether it's s/c, lift, larger tires, etc...you do put increased stress on parts.
    I look at it this way, Isuzu builds a pretty stout product for the most part, & I'm willing to gamble on the perceived notion of their product being well engineered enough to handle a little extra stress. If I'm wrong, I'm also willing to do what it takes to make the necessary repairs.

When you do decide, I have a set of OME 912's (used less than a year) with your name on em' that I'll let you have for a C-note + shipping.

That is, IF you decide to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    Cool Dub, I will definitely take you up on that. Now, from everything I have been told from my boys here in Reno, all I need to do is put on the new springs in the rear and crank up my front end a little to acheive 1-2"s.....??

It sounds pretty easy. I would do it right now, but the though of spending another $1500 on tires kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a little. So I think I should at least wear out my BFG A/Ts.

With a 1" lift I am guess I will hardly notice a thing, but with 2"s I will be putting my CVs at more of an angle, correct? I mean, I have seen your lift and Ascinder's big 4"s and it is extreme, so I would like to play it as safe as I can without too much additional stress on the truck.

-Bart
    Like I told you at Bully's if you want some help call me up. I am really thinking lately about making some diff drop brackets, like Ascinder and BigmeatVX, to help take some stress off my CV's. I know a few people that might be able to help me and also help me with a skid plate.

Hey Clint, how much of a lift did you do again? Was it 2"s?

I will definitely call you guys when I am ready.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn
    Like I told you at Bully's if you want some help call me up. I am really thinking lately about making some diff drop brackets, like Ascinder and BigmeatVX, to help take some stress off my CV's. I know a few people that might be able to help me and also help me with a skid plate.

Let's really screw up this thread! Why not try out Beau's adjustable coil buckets - start out with 1" and when your tires go bald, step up to 2" lift and add bigger tires! Then when those tires seem too small you can add Dub's springs and go 4" - 5" with 34-35" tires!!!! It is a vicious cycle...
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

I mean, I would probably be happy with only 1". I just want a little bit more clearance and the ability to put on a little bit bigger tires.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Let's really screw up this thread! Why not try out Beau's adjustable coil buckets - start out with 1" and when your tires go bald, step up to 2" lift and add bigger tires! Then when those tires seem too small you can add Dub's springs and go 4" - 5" with 34-35" tires!!!! It is a vicious cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask
    I mean, I would probably be happy with only 1". I just want a little bit more clearance and the ability to put on a little bit bigger tires.

Bart
    And I mean, that is how it always starts....

Its like guns and tatoos, once you get one, you can't stop!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    And I mean, that is how it always starts....

Wink

Thats why this is the only site that I support on the web. It has saved me so much time & money when it comes to maintaining my VX. I can almost always find info on a particular subject and that sets the stage for how to follow through either myself or via my mechanic. Plus, connecting us to the few people that provide all the various custom add-ons that virtually don't exist elsewhere. Without this site I'd probably have a stock VX with only a hitch, bra, mudflaps and window vent-visors! I wouldn't have known about how to fit aftermarket rims & tires either! Learned all about Offset & Backspacing and stuff right here!!! I owe alot of gratitude to this site for anything I've done to my VX! Thanks everyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?