Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This Forum ROCKS !!!

I like all animals, most plants, some fungus, certain yeasts, and a couple of bacterium more than I like people. Bart and I apparently have a lot in common. I've managed to remain pretty "timbered up" most of my life. Yep...there's a pistola of some sort in every room, even the guest bathroom, a shotgun in the bedroom, and a little something-something in each of our vehicles. Not a fanatic (though when you put it in print, it sounds a bit scary) I don't hunt, I don't kill, I don't hurt...we'll never be easy victims. We also have a proactive alarm system....Bob, Chopper, Krystal, Raisin, and Ju Ju Bee... two Weimaraners, two red Bulls, and an amazing Russel type terrier thing. All but the weimers are rescues.

i agree with u bart that cars have had a much larger impact on the world than guns... but i think that in every day life... guns cause much more harm.. at least for me... when im out.. id say 95% of the time i have at least one knife on me.. usually 2-3 of them.. keep an array of other weapons easily accessible in all rooms of the house and have a standing "if we have an intruder" plan with my roommates in place... a while ago when i was putting my tow hitch on a 7-8 year old kid stopped and asked me what i was doing and then asked if i could tow a boat with it.. i mentioned camping and he was like oh do u have guns in case of a bear? and im like yeah.. and he goes what kind u got? so i start naming shotguns and rifles.. and he goes.. oh so u dont have the kind of guns u kill people with?... sad

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Talking

I am really diggin' the way this thread is meandering all over the place, touching on topics that are for some "hot button issues", but so far hasn't taken on any type of nastiness...kudos to all y'all.
    It speaks highly of the character posessed by the average VX owner. (if there is such a thing)

I've been around here long enough to remember the "debate" over the Bush/Kerry election thing, and IMO, that was not our finest hour.

Guns, plants, animals, fungi, & microbes aside...I did get my PITA fuel line replaced. Had to remove the EGR again to acess the hose clamps...I had it all back together the first time & it still leaked (toasted a brand new hose clamp)ARGHHHHH !
    My boss is so cool, when I finally got to work about 1:30, he gave me my paycheck...& it was bigger than it was supposed to be.
    Not being one who can keep his big mouth shut, I said "dude, that's more than I've got coming", to which he replied..."that's OK, you're worth it."

For a day that started out a little on the crappy side, it sure took a turn for the better.

Let's keep this thread going as a kind of general "sounding board" for whatever is on your mind...whaddya all think ?

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    You know, a few days ago I started thinking of vanity plates for when my tags expire...

VEHIROCS or V ROX or VEHIROX or V ROCS or V ROCSS

You know, since BOTH the VX and this site ROCK!!! Ironic... don't you think?

Yes...I do think.

Also, you're dead on...I once thought a couple inches of lift & some 285's would be PLENTY...seems my thinking was flawed.

Bart...YOU'RE N E V E R DONE...

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    I am really diggin' the way this thread is meandering all over the place...

...Let's keep this thread going as a kind of general "sounding board" for whatever is on your mind...whaddya all think ?
    I had wanted to start some sort of BS session thread for some time now but never knew exactly how to do it. Someone started that one thread asking VXers to open up, which I thought was a cool thread. It is fun to just compare notes on day to day thinking and what not. Kudos, Dubbie Dub on your repair too!

So here goes random...

My 4.77 VX is still 2wd and man is it fun to drive around - the front end pushes out a little more in the screaming turns when the front tires are powerless. My tires are a bit too wide to break loose from a stand still with the brakes squeezed... unless of course I start out on the weeds growing out of the concrete joints! Then I can leave a black mark for a while or just keep the brakes mashed down and make a smokescreen (No I haven't done it yet). Otherwise, the torque converter slips. Right before I get my new tires mounted and I go back to 4wd, I hope to burn up an old tire on video (Sorry Bart)! The 4.77's really put the torque down at a standstill and all the power is sent to the rear driveshaft! THEY'RE GRRRREEEAAAAAAT!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper
    I like all animals, most plants, some fungus, certain yeasts, and a couple of bacterium more than I like people. Bart and I apparently have a lot in common....
    Yup, I basically feel the same way. I don't hunt, and I really have no desire to hunt. When I see deer in the woods, THE LAST THING that would ever come to mind would be to shoot it with anything other than my Nikon. People, on the other hand....well....I won't go there. JK, JK, (sort of) I do enjoy target shooting and imho guns do have a certain coolness that I have always liked, ever since I was a kid.
    Quote Originally Posted by etlsport
    i agree with u bart that cars have had a much larger impact on the world than guns... but i think that in every day life... guns cause much more harm.... oh so u dont have the kind of guns u kill people with?... sad
    "All my guns are people guns" - That's a shirt I have been meaning to make for a long time, just haven't gotten around to it. There is no question about it. Guns have one function, and one function alone: TO KILL. That is their soul purpose. But it is a mind that pulls the trigger. Therefore, I believe that "guns don't kill people, people kill people." And that is why cars are far worse. Because to kill someone with a gun, takes a conscious act, and in general, this is an act shunned and outlawed by society. Cars on the other hand, are 100% normal, and WE ALL drive em, and its so natural at this point, its like breathing. We don't wake up in the morning, take a shower, get dressed, and go outside and shoot people. We get in our cars and add to the BIG PICTURE PROBLEM. Guns are just an ancillary problem. Far more people die in the US due to automobile related accidents that get shot.... To me, in the US, guns are symbolic with our freedom. The moment they are completely outlawed, the government will have succeeded in taming the masses, and we will have no choice but to "OBEY". If you want to live in a world that is 100% safe and steril, then you also want to live in a very boring, controlled world.....not I. A little danger and adventure is what makes life worth living, and that is why you should enjoy every minute of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub
    Bart...YOU'RE N E V E R DONE...
    I know, thanks for the reminder!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    Right before I get my new tires mounted and I go back to 4wd, I hope to burn up an old tire on video (Sorry Bart)! The 4.77's really put the torque down at a standstill and all the power is sent to the rear driveshaft! THEY'RE GRRRREEEAAAAAAT!
    Sorry for what??? I've been thinking about how cool it would be to set fire to one of those dead cars out in the desert, just so I can get some cool video footage for my next short film. I just don't want to start another massive 100,000 acre fire here in Nevada.

Don't take me as some sort of tree hugging, ultra left environmentalist. I just don't go outta my way to destroy nature and kill animals. And trust me, I KNOW I AM HUMAN. I make garbage, and eat cheeseburgers, and drive a car, and consume and consume and consume, just like the rest of us. The DIFFERENCE between me and the average person, is that I am 100% conscious of my individual impact. Most people go through life and don't even think about it for a second. And that sucks....

ANYWAY, you can have your thread back now, Ldub!

Bart

Guns are tools, automobiles are tools and unfortunately most people are tools . Get out of your car and walk to the store if it's fairly close by. That will help some. Just take your gun with you. J
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I just think I need a massage man, that should calm me down!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness
    Guns are tools, automobiles are tools and unfortunately most people are tools . Get out of your car and walk to the store if it's fairly close by. That will help some. Just take your gun with you. J

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

Bart
    When I lived in wyoming..We would go 4x4ing and find a old car someone left out in the desert..and torch it..We made shure it was out ther for awhile...lol

But we all had fire exs. some like me had extras.

It was very nice to sit next to the glow of a burning car as the sun went down with the sound of the cracking and poping as the fuel tank and other part would burn..and the smell of plastic and oil and rubber and vinyl in the air....aaaaahhhh the good old days.

It was fun to shoot at also....BAM..BAM Ratatatatatatat
    Chin up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask

Bart
    EveryBODY does, Hey you're comma's in the wrong place?!?! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Harness
    EveryBODY does, Hey you're comma's in the wrong place?!?! LOL
    Well... A massage WOman would probably have the opposite effect! Maybe he did mean it????
    If you don't first THINK THINK, you could end up in deep DO DO!

Quote Originally Posted by Techy-D
    Well... A massage WOman would probably have the opposite effect! Maybe he did mean it????
    Yeah the comma threw me off at first. I read it as a massage spelling error and read as maybe he means "message man". Then I thought, wait that does not make sense. I get it, he needs a massage; Man.

Yea, I am usually more carefull with my spelling, grammar and punctuation, but if you knew what Scott does for a living, then I think "Massage Man" is still appropriate!

How many of you have seen the "deleted scene" from BORAT where he is trying to get a massage in the hotel??? OMG that is good stuff.

LOL,

Bart

Yeah that part is hilarious. That movie in general is great. But I would have to say. "Wut tis thees?" "Its cheese." is my favorite part.

Quote Originally Posted by JHarris1385
    Yeah that part is hilarious. That movie in general is great. But I would have to say. "Wut tis thees?" "Its cheese." is my favorite part.
    "and thees?" "Its cheese."

"and thees?" "that would be cheese also."

"and thees?" "cheese."

"and thees?" "cheese."

Yeah, that movie is freakin great.

Bart