Thread: Cracked Radiator

Cracked Radiator

Last nite in the heat of the afternoon a block from home the radiator gave out....I called a large radiator shop in the Los Angeles area where I live and they said that its a dealer only item...is that true??

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    [QUOTE=rocket man]Last nite in the heat of the afternoon a block from home the radiator gave out....I called a large radiator shop in the Los Angeles area where I live and they said that its a dealer only item...is that true??[/QUOTE

Try lookin' on ebay, I see em' there sometimes.

Mine had a slow leak,so I replaced it this year just before Moab. Igot it from Merlin. Ican't remember how much. You might try a GM place. It has the GM logo stamped right on top. I want to say $235
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

I seriously doubt it, since there is a big, fat, "GM" stamped on the top of mine.

Thanks Ldub, Scott, and Chopper for the input,

Well I'm gonna find out I guess on Monday and give everyone an update.

I got the radiator removed this pm. It was 97 degrees out here in Granada Hills. The radiator came out in 30 minutes and was pretty straight forward.

Turns out the plastic top simply cracked horizontally along backside near the radiator cap. Nice 3 inch crack.

I called the dealer here and they want $488.00..course they have to order it.

Well I'll post more when a find out more..

Thanks again

John

ps...yeah I noticed the GM logo too

Take a look at 6cyl Pontiac rads...maybe even a Malibu. measure them. If one matches, mounting points and all...you can get it aftermarket, for a third that much.

NAPA part # NR 2749, priced at $297.00 on line

243.00 at partsamerica.com which if you take that into a schucks, they will beat that price by 10%
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Until one arrives during the downtime you might check a local Body Shop and see if the can weld it (for temporary use only) I had a plastic welder I used many, many times back in the late 80's with great success and by now it's most likely a science. Ldub is right I've seem them on ebay also...also call a salvage yard and have them do a cross-reference on the part ##...Good Luck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    " Jeeps are nice, Barbie has one"

Arrow

I just bought one on eBay for the Ebony and it was less than $100 delivered. Just like the OEM and the same as a Rodeo (gotta love that Isuzu "parts bin" ideology!). Here's the link to a current listing from the same seller: eBay VX Radiator $95 Delivered
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

First .....I got it fixed...

Second...I thank all you people who gave hand and effort to help me......your the best!!

Third...here is out it played out....

While all the parts houses I called said, that this is a dealer item only..apparently it is a dealer item only if they do not have or stock the products from suppliers that do have this radiator. The radiator that I bought is manufactured by, "Modine" and cost me $185.00. I, googled, "Isuzu, Vehicross, Radiator" and came up with several places that manufacture/distribute this radiator. One of them was, "Dayco"..it seemed interesting and was priced at $119.00. I'm nervous dealing with this stuff over the net from past experience. I. E. Yeah we got it in stock!!!!! send me the green!!! So you send the green and they send you a BS part that is soooo wrong and takes til you eligible for Social Security to get back your credit

Anyway....

The Modine radiator appears to be an exact duplicate of the original. The Modine brand is well known and respected out here on the West Coast. It carrries a 1 year manufacturers warranty.....I took the radiator out myself, but JLO Radiator Service, purchase and installed the new radiator....If you can imagine doing business with, "Pancho Villa" complete with gold tooth, sans the criss-crossed ammo belt...get the picture???

Hey to all, "Thanks"...and to Joe Black this is the second time you have taken the time to throw me the ring to help save my @#$... Guess I might owe you a beer JOE, if you ever get out here to California where the weather mo gooder....

Bye thanks again and over and out!!

Thumbs up

Hey, as long as you're up and running that's reward enough! That's what we're her for!

That being said, I'll never turn down a cold one between friends.