Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Common VX problems you'd like Isuzu to resolve.

Angry My problems

I havde a 2001 with 25,000 miles. Problems I have had since buying in Dec. 2002:

1. WINDOWS WINDOWS WINDOWS
    2. Headlight gaskets coming loose
    3. VERY, VERY, VERY bad and annoying squeaks from shocks?or
    struts?.

Windows: I FINALLY got fixed after 4 tries with new motor. Window may not be aligned right although it works fine. Tint isn't even with sides anymore.

Gaskets: Is this under warranty? Haven't addressed it yet.

Squeaks: Anyone with ideas? Everyone tells me this is normal with 4X4 struts or shocks and they are fine. I have never had a vehicle do this and I have had 4X4 before. It is very annoying.

I used Jim Reed service dept. in Nashville, TN. They were ok once they decided to replace motor in window on passenger side. I had to pay to get driver's side greased and worked on when it was dragging and slow. Since I haven't addressed other problems I will let you know how that goes. I am happy with them thus far and the rep I have there is Wayne Ferebee and he is GREAT!

Post problems with mine

I have a '99 Ironman, that was ordered in that same year. the problems I've had include:
    1) both window regulators and motors changed, 5 trips to the dealer.
    2)windshield wiper arms peeling, sanded and repainted myself.
    3)headlight gasket flapping in the wind, glued it back myself.
    4)CD player, 2 trips to the dealer and still don't have my cd's back.
    The dealer gouged my dash while replacing the cd changer. they had some guy refill the gouge and texture it to match
    5)hood insert, three trips to the dealer, they didn't order the IRONMAN hood decal for the replacement.
    6)wet carpet on drivers side, dealer can't find anything but the damp carpet.
    7)headlight lenses cracking, 2 trips to the dealer.
    8)batteries, I'm on my third battery,no more oem for me...OPTIMA redtop.
    9)transmission, 4 trips to get the shifter adjusted, still not right.
    carlymac '99 IRONMAN , #0278, Hendersonville, Tn.

Angry

I have or have had all of the same issues. Both windows binding. Dealer fixed once, but starting again. Dealer told me when they 1st fixed them, don't come back agian, if the problem happens again! It's your window tint causing it! Headlight rubber loose. Fixed myself! Peeling wiper arms! Had a cd player issue. Just replaced the entire sound system instead. Flaking wheels. Replaced all 4 wheel myself. Couldn't get fixed, it was just after the 12,000 mile mark!

Dave...
    Always a kid at heart!

Originally posted by VXMAN
    I have or have had all of the same issues. Both windows binding. Dealer fixed once, but starting again. Dealer told me when they 1st fixed them, don't come back again, if the problem happens again! It's your window tint causing it!

You should have asked him if he was familiar with the term 'Breach of Contract'. If it happens again, take your attorney with you.

I had a shop try something like that with me about 15 years ago. Took my order...insisted upon full payment up front....promised 4 week delivery and still nothing after 4 months....then refused to refund. Took my attorney, a police officer friend of mine (in uniform), and stood around his showroom where everyone in the house could see us until they produced my money......$5000 cash.

It's amazing how quickly such places change their tune and react when you start scaring away customers.

....sT
    What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Am I wrong or have only 4 people signed this petition? People if your having problems and want something done about your problems with the vx I strongly doubt Isuzu is going to listen to 4 people. With the boatload of people who stated their problems only 4 have signed pauls petition. You will regret not siging when you have to pay out of you a_ _ when you have more problems and Isuzu claims not even to know you exist. Do yourself and every one the board a favor and sign this so paul can confront Isuzu and hopefully help us all. As I said with 4 signatures they will just laugh at him. These should all be recalled for these issues... Thank you for your effort Paul..

icky stuff

* recurring driver's side under-dash water leak

* recurring binding of driver's side power window

* HVAC high-fan control cuts-off all airflow (new problem)

*headlamp gaskets beginning to come loose

Horton Isuzu (Atlanta) has been very accomodating about trying to make repairs under warranty, but will be returning for the 3rd time for "wet-mat syndrome".

Dealer reports contacting Isuzu engineers to address problem, but they seem oblivious to a recurring issue with front-end leaks.
    Last edited by skullcap : 06/22/2003 at 07:44 PM

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

I am going to wait ...

... going to wait until I get my VX back... and see what they did right and wrong with the short block/oil pump swap. (i sure hope the heads are okay)

I do know that before I bought it, the previous owner had a window motor and rear shocks replaced .. under warranty.
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Sad!

This post has been up for a while on only "6" of you have posted.
    Scott

Make that nine (9); come on guys and gals, get off your you know what and sign!!!

I am number 11. I find it hard to believe that there are not more signitures. This post should be bumped on a daily basis so blind visitors like myself know of it's existance.

Bump!

Number 12...

Bump!

I am #4,,,, sign, sign, sign, people, don't abandon your VX's surgical needs, what kind of parents are you???

NAVIGATOR

Give people time to sign it. It's only been up a day so far.