Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Common VX problems you'd like Isuzu to resolve.

My list of 'unprovoked' problems...

1) headlight gaskets coming loose
    2) wiper arms and door handles faded & peeled
    3) both windows ended up binding and coming off track, so I tore the doors open and fixed them myself. I don't trust the dealer here.

If any of you VX owners have the window problem and have given up on the dealer fixing it, contact me. I'll help you out.
    ________
    REPLAYE SC2
    Last edited by phines : 05/02/2011 at 02:13 PM

My 1999 Isuzu VehiCROSS Problems: (33,000 miles)

- Headlight gaskets came off. (re-glued myself)

- Passenger side window ended up binding and coming off track.

- Starter went (replaced under warranty).

- CD changer on the fritz (fixed temporally by banging on the left side)

- Annoying squeaks from tail gate. (sorta fixed from dealer).

- Windshield wiper arms peeling.

- Headlight lenses cracking/Peeling inside.

-Dave

Question

Hey everybody.....forgive me if this was already posted but exactly what's going to happen with this petition or where is it going to be sent?

Reason I'm asking is this, I had a little conversation with an Isuzu Owners Regional Manager for PA and well besides denying the existence of most of the popular defects pointed out here, he suggested that if there are truly multiple issues or defects they need to be well documented from owners with dealer repair records, pictures, and submitted to Isuzu directly for consideration. He mentioned that the only way Isuzu would honor any type of relief or maybe even a part redesign to remedy defects is if they have hard, repetitive and conclusive proof of the defects in large enough numbers. He also mentioned that a letter of intent be sent to this address to start the process:

Isuzu Motors, Inc.
    Owner Relations
    16323 Shoemaker Avenue.
    Cerritos, CA 90702

I think this petition is a great idea. These things should not continue to happen within a reasonable amount of time on any vehicle, plain and simple. Not when Isuzu clearly advertises on their website that they do countless hours of testing to their vehicles to ensure quality and performance. It's borderline misleading advertising and depending on the rate of repair, vehicle diminished value as part of some state lemon laws. Anyways, just wanted to throw all that out there.....sorry for the rant folks.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329

Okay, got mine back - I will go sign.

I purchased my VehiCross 2 months/2200 miles ago.

I know the previous owner had in the past 6 months taken it in to get a power window fixed. I believe he said it was in 3 times before they replaced the motor.

The rear shocks were replaced. He didn't even know they were bad, because his wife drove it, and never said anything.
    The dealer in Wisconsin noticed it and took care of them.

As I just hit 30,000 miles, I just had it in at the dealership getting a new short block, due to a very lsudden and oud rod knock and to get headlight weather stripping taken care of.

They replaced the short block, oil pump, and both headlamp housings. Took 2 weeks, and I was not entitled to a rental from the factory warranty. I only drove15 miles since I picked it up with the new engine, I didn't want to deal with rush hour traffic.
    I will get a better sense of how it is driving later on this evening.

While I am surprised that I got it back within 2 weeks. To need half an engine at such a young life, is a bit severe.

Oh yea.. #45
    Last edited by Spike : 06/25/2003 at 04:49 PM

Passanger Window - 4 times
    Driver Windows - 3 times
    CD Changer - 3 times
    Headlight Gaskets
    Rear Axel Seals
    Front ABS sensor
    Window Washer Motor
    MODIFICATIONS:
    285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Steel braided brake calbes, K&N Air Filter, Window Tinting, Debadged, 3 inch lift, Custom boulder bars, Yakima Roof Rack w/ Iron Hoarse Cage, Pioneer DEH-P6000UB deck, and more to come (once the funds do).

I am signed on, my biggest complaint is noisy differential at 60 mph plus, dealer replaced both rear wheel bearings, didnt make a difference but cant get him to do more, going to the meet in Ocala to document if others have noise if they don't I am going to do my own petition as well.

Passanger Window - 2 times
    Driver Windows - 2 times
    Headlight Gaskets

CD Changer was replaced and is acting up again, They told me that my CD's were too scratched which by the look of the returned CD's was definately not the case. It also took about 6 months to get my CD's back.

I am still in debate over my peeling rims (It's been over a month now with no responce from the head guy (Anchorage rep.))

EDIT: after nearly 2 months of calling they finally got back to me and denied the replacement of my rims. They didn't give me an explanation why. Just gave me a 1-800 # to complain.

I also want to add that my hood is not straight, Its such a sleek looking car but with a hood thats not on straight it just really sticks out to me.

EDIT2: Northern 4x4 ordered my injection o-rings from my local Isuzu shop and guess what.... The dealership ordered 1 o-ring and tried to charge the shop $18.75 for it. The shop was like "So what about the other 5 o-rings", Isuzu replied "what 5 others, you only ordered one" The shop called BS and sure enough Isuzu looked back at their records and saw an order of 6 injector o-rings. Now the rings are supposedley on next day air to the dealership, shipping being paid for by Isuzu. That would make Isuzu the reason my car has been in the shop for an extra 3-4 days. I'm not very happy (in fact I'm pissed) with this "service"
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 07/14/2003 at 02:55 PM

I've had no problems except the defective windows (fixed for now) and headlight rubber (total replacement of both headlight assemblies under warranty). I leased my 99 Ebony in October, 1999 when the price was at its highest. The lease terminates this October and provides for a $16K purchase price. The total outlay would probably set a record for the most expensive stock VX in America. Nevertheless, given the maximum satisfaction and minimal problems presented over only 28K miles, my best option may be to surrender and enjoy it.

petition

is there going to be a separate petition for those with and without modifications

Well, I just became signature # 48...here's my list of issues:

A-Peeling rims-replaced under warranty by Dom's Isuzu/Kia in North Plainfield, NJ. Subsequently, Dom's no longer sells Isuzu or performs warranty work, as of about a month ago.
    B-Defective Power/Winter switch-replaced by Open Roads Honda/Mazda/Isuzu under warranty. Open Roads is no longer a "full" Isuzu shop, so I was told by the service writer.
    C-Passenger side power window opened slowly-fixed under warranty by Dom's.
    D-Rattle in dash-fixed by Dom's.
    E-Dome light had a short-replaced by my "new" dealer, Dick Greenfield Dodge/Isuzu in Lawrenceville, NJ.
    F-Creaking front suspension-bushings oiled by Dick Greenfield.
    G-Cracked Hood Insert-waiting to hear if this is covered by warranty (!) from Dick Greenfield.

There's my list, hopefully it won't get any longer....Question: Wasn't there a post from WSG saying this forum had over 500 members, not too long ago? Then why haven't more people signed the petition? Do the other 90 % of the members of Vehicross.info have absolutely no problems with their VX? Paul T. was kind enough to organize the petition, it seems the least the VX "family" can do is document the repeated quality issues found with our beloved VX's. Also, with the way Isuzu dealerships keep disappearing with alarming frequency, the VX community will need every advantage possible regarding future service concerns. That's my two cents-thanks for listening.

Just a little post to list what ailments my VX has had since I brought her home.

Problem----------------------------------solution

Headlight Seal (passenger) -------Both modules replaced (warr)
    Annoying ***** squeak in rear door --------nothing yet
    Passenger Window coming off track-----------nothing yet
    Driver window sounds like it is starting to------nothing yet
    Hood insert stress crack----replaced....twice

Center console latch failed day we bought it, dealer did a hack job fixing it (Dealers suck)

WIERD rattle/electrical arcing noise from dash near A/C vents ???

I am planning on taking it to the dealer here again in a week or so to get the windows fixed, the squeak fixed, and to give them **** about scratches on the hood from where they replaced the hood insert last time. (Wife took it in while I was away on business) I only noticed scratches a few days ago while hand waxing. Scratches are in a place that could only be from lifting hood insert out/putting in.

I have seen people ask if the "cracked hood insert" is covered by warranty, probably has been answered. But, here is my experience. Mine has been replaced TWICE now under warranty. so go tell them to f-ing replace it. The cracks my hood insert developed were drived side about mid way down the insert moving straight across to passenger side. Most likely cause of this crack after looking at it, is over tightening by the joey installing it.

Just my 2 cents with a nickel thrown in.

Wulfgott

Cool documentation of problematic ownership

#1 All four wheels flaking on the backside @ around 20k miles.
    (No action taken since I heard about 12k warranty.)

#2 Passenger side Headlight gasket came loose.
    (Fixing myself)

#3 Passenger side window slow to raise/binding.
    (Dealer said they corrected and lubed rails under warranty; Problem resurfaced within a week. I have had good success with spraying both window tracks liberally with silicone spray about once every 60 days. Eventually when warranty expires
    I will probably follow the route of that God of a VX'er Phines
    and apply his expertise.)

#4 Both front stock(KYB) shocks bad.
    (Dealer agreed both front shocks bad; replaced under warranty)

On a humorous note; I think you people jinx me 'cause I never have a problem until AFTER I read about yours! My windows were fine until I heard about yours! Stop the Madness! Renounce the Curse!!!;eekp;

Signing the petition....

Window problem, of course. This is not the only problem I have with mine, but it is the only one thus far attributable to manufacturer defect.

I have a small crack in my door panel from someone evidently having been inside the door to fix the windows at least once before, so that's the dealer's fault. Wish I had the previous owner's number or something to verify this happened after they serviced it for that. Not impressed with this dealer (the same one the previous owner had it serviced by at all the proper intervals) so far and would love to make them eat the cost of fixing that, 'cause I just know that's what happened.

Peeling crome rims

I have about 6,750 miles on my 2001 proton VX and noticed the rims are peeling crome and the headlight gaskets are comming loose. Everything must be covered due to low millage !!! Have an appointment Aug 1st to address problems.
    Larry

I # 61!
    Knowledge is power!