Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Common VX problems you'd like Isuzu to resolve.

No my winter light does not come on in the instrument cluster and the button does not stay down like the power button does. Ive tried messing with it and I think the switch failed. Ill get it in to the shop as soon as I can... Its not like we have any snow here in PA......

The winter button does not lock down, it is a momentary switch. The light will only come on when you are at a full stop and only then will the winter mode activate.. If you think there is a problem then definately get it to the shop.. I KNOW you have snow up there in your neck of the woods.. Don't want anything to happen to one of our brothers!
    Scott / moncha.com

My winter button wasn't working before my engine was replaced. I could push it while at a stop and nothing would happen, no light and no change in gearing. I didn't tell the dealership it wasn't working when they replaced the engine, but when I picked it up I tried it and it worked. I don't know if it was coincidence or if the service guys actually fixed something that wasn't on the list. It works now and I guess that's all that matters.

I'm outta snow though, can anyone order some up?? Nevermind, I'll be out of town until the middle of this month. Have to wish for some then. Don't think I'll see any snow in Pheonix, AZ?? Then again Vegas got like 3 inches last week.

I just signed the petition, #68.
    1999 Ironman, approximately 37,000 miles

Problems:

1.) Driver's side window binding and coming off track.
    I attempted the fix and lubed w/ silicone, but window still needs to be guided with hand to stay in track when winding up.
    1a. Passenger window slowing, silicone lube seems to help.

2.) Headlight gaskets... previous owner glued, but glue is coming out. In the spring I will re-glue with auto trim adhesive.

3.) Excessively bouncy shocks

4.) Possible oil usage

Even with these problems, I love my VX

Joe

1) - Just noticed cracked hood insert.

2) - Passenger seat feels loose.

3) - Faded paint on wiper arms.

All relatively minor stuff. Haven't taken it to a dealer for inspection yet.

OK...here are my problems. Minor, but irritating as hell:

1. Passenger side window motor--R.I.P. (binding before it bit before it went to motor heaven).

2. Hood rubber seals working loose. *Fixed that with 3m glue.

3. Drivers side window binding. May have to try "Bert's window fix" on that one.

4. Ignition key starting to stick.
    John

Please help me!!!!!!

#( 97)!!

Okay, my VX friends, here's the deal: My 2001 VX, has the nutorious, drivers' side, "wet spot"!!! I am taking my VX back to the dealership on Monday! These people in the service department, must live with their heads up their a$$es!! (to say the least)! Or, they really are mean spirited people and love to mess with me by making me come back, week after week!! Can anyone, who's had this problem and by some miracle, actually had a correct diagnosis and solution for this, please list for me, where the water is coming from?? My leak is on the drivers' side floor board, where my right foot would rest, if it weren't stepping on the gas. Hope that makes sense! I plan to copy off your posts and bring them with me when I go out there next week. Also, obviously, the mat under the carpet needs to be replaced, but, the carpet itself, is wearing real bad where it's wet! Shouldn't that be replaced as well?? My VX is still under warranty, shouldn't all of that be covered too? Please help me!! Thankyou!!! Oh yeah, I've had the problem with the rubber around the headlights and both regulators replaced! Also, my stock wheels were peeling! Roy, I hope that Brayley and Grahm fixed that for you and didn't jerk you around, like they've been jerking me!!! Thanks again for purchasing the set from me!!
    Last edited by LITTLELAURIE : 12/11/2004 at 04:03 PM

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Hi Laurie,
    B and G said my 2001 had some level of warrentee ending at 3 years or 36,000 mi. I was at 3 years and 3 months with 35900, when I drove in. I left the rims for the Izusu rep to see. Two weeks later they had new rims for me. I bot the extended warrentee from Isuzu for $1300 and it is called a WRAP policy on the docs. I asked about how to go after my water leak and a 1441 check engine light that I have had for a long time. They said I would have to leave the car and get a rental. The issues may or may not be covered, I can't get a straight answer without jumping in. What I get for the WRAP policy is not clear.
    I would hope with you living closer to the dealer, you may get a faster response, which I will be following closely. Mike has been my contact. You might remind him I was in with the same problems 2 weeks ago.
    I had rubber mats, so I did not notice the water for some time. I pulled the seat out, (4 bolts with Loc-Tite) and the door sill plastic. I used bath towels to wick out the water over two days. I then found the padding and foam block under the seat was also wet. Everything is dry now with no bad smell. Cool weather must have stopped the mold growth. I am now parking inside until I can pull off the windshield coweling and look for gap in the firewall to fender seal.
    Closing the car and running the heater fan. Squirting soapy water around the suspect joints and searching for bubbles, has been suggested.
    Roy

Hi Roy!!! It's good to hear from you!! I hope my stock tires are serving you well!!! Anyhow, I'll tell you Roy, I am at my wit's end with B&G!!! They are completely jerking me around, about this water leak!! They are trying to blame the wires, that run along the weather stripping, on my windows, from the off road lights on my cargo rack!!!! It's like they don't want to put any effort into finding out where the water is coming from!!! After hearing this theory several times from ,'Steve'," the angry, I hate my job and want all of my customers to know it, service guy", I finally told the man, that this 'wet spot' was present, BEFORE, I had the rack and lights put on!!! Unfortunately,I will most likely be leaving my VX there for at least 2 days! Don't you think that they should just give us a rental car, until our rigs are ready??? I don't think that we should have to pay!!! What do you think?? So, is your leak fixed? If so, where was it coming from?

LITTLELAURIE

I didn't know whether you may have already seen this thread, but it contained a couple of possible fixes for various water leaks that may help.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...light=floormat

I had also emailed one of our members quite a while back (don't remember his ID though) about his cure for the leak in his VX, and this was his email response...

"It was a body seam on the drivers side door. The guy just told me he had to take the door off to fix the seam.

First I took it to a guy (body-shop)who said it was a leak under my dash and he took the entire dash out and plugged a hole he saw there. That stopped the leaking about 20%. I was pretty mad at that point because it cost me $276 and they kept it for 4 days.

Then I took it to a glass guy, he said he removed my door and repaired the body seam. Now I don't know what that means, but that only cost me $76 and about 1/2 day.

Since then my leak is 100% gone."

Hopefully these will at least help you track down the problem area.

2001, Silver, Vehicross, Supercharged, 0492, Sold 3/20/2012
    Laurie
    Call up and ask for Mike. Explain the problems in communicating with Steve (Who I have not met). Tell him about the leak prior to the wires. Offer to remove the wires. Hopefully he will give in and and commit to find the leak. The specific experiences here should help your case. Mike said that under the warrentee, we coud get the rental covered. I may be too far gone, but you are driving a newer ride.
    I am keeping under cover for now. I still have the leak.
    Roy

Petition signature #99

1. Headlight Rubber Seal/gasket
    2. Bouncy rear shocks.
    They seem to be shot. When going over a speed bump the vx slams down in the rear just after the rear tire clears the sb. Seems the shock can't hold the weight of the vx.
    3. Transfer case.
    Under hard accelleration the front drive seems to, in an instant, slip out of drive and then back into drive. Causeing a loud thump. Not all the time but occassionally. Only once did it happen while under a slow accelleration. As a result I rarely do hard accellerations.
    Raider

Get a load of all this...

Hi,

My VX is a 99 and has just under 70K miles. Right now, the torque sensors are out so my 4WD isn't working, I was quoted $1600 to fix that. I just had the oxygen sensor, main inline gasket, air tank bolts, several other valves and another gasket (don't even know what it is) replaced at a cost of $810 less than a month ago. Now, driving today, I have the check engine and check trans lights on again and my fuel sensor is out. The bugger is going in tomorrow to see what new and fascinating things have gone wrong now.

Before all of this, I had to have the driver side window motor replaced ($400) and the key would get stuck in the ignition so they did something (another $400) to fix that! Not to mention the cd player has never properly worked and the speakers were a problem until I had the system rewired and two replaced.

What is going on here? There is another Isuzu VX (yellow) sitting at the dealership (Denver Isuzu) that I have taken my VX to which apparently blew the entire engine.

I'm happy to sign any petition and interested in any replies regarding legal action that might be taken.

Thanks,
    Jennifer Hoppe
    303-818-5308
    jen@jenniferh.com

my problems

1. common window sticking problem, lube helped but glass still "unstable" or loose
    2. gaskets around headlights coming unglued, replaced gaskets
    3. emblems chrome plating peeling
    4. corrosion on wheels, peeling wheels, purchased aftermarket wheels
    5. cd player malfunction, replaced unit once
    Last edited by climbcovey : 05/04/2006 at 09:04 PM Reason: addition
    :_drool: It's all fun and games until it can't be fixed!

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Quote Originally Posted by tigress
    Hi,

My VX is a 99 and has just under 70K miles. Right now, the torque sensors are out so my 4WD isn't working, I was quoted $1600 to fix that. I just had the oxygen sensor, main inline gasket, air tank bolts, several other valves and another gasket (don't even know what it is) replaced at a cost of $810 less than a month ago. Now, driving today, I have the check engine and check trans lights on again and my fuel sensor is out.
    4WD - The vehicle speed sensor(s) could be out. 2 bolts each, and they can be found in most salvage yards. You can get new ones for less than a couple hundred dollars.
    O2 sensor, main inline gasket, air tank bolts, valves and gasket...? - The O2 sensor, I could buy at 70k miles, but the other items... Don't even exist. I've been around engines my whole life - this sounds shady.

Before all of this, I had to have the driver side window motor replaced ($400) and the key would get stuck in the ignition so they did something (another $400) to fix that!
    The window binding is a $5 fix. Even a new motor (if it were required) would be a third of what they charged you.
    The key's a new one on me - It was probably a shoddy copy and just needed brushing up.

I'm happy to sign any petition and interested in any replies regarding legal action that might be taken.
    You need to take legal action - against your service center.
    YOU ARE GETTING ROBBED.
    Some places assume that since you drive an odd vehicle, you are willing (and able) to pay whatever it takes to get it fixed.
    You drive an Isuzu Trooper, with a fancy body kit -nothing more.
    Make sure that your service manager is aware of this, and you won't stand for these bogus 'repairs,' because right now, you are making someone rich.

EDIT: After rereading my post (and realizing that this was your first vist to the boards) I have to clear up a few things:
    The VX is as reliable as any average SUV. Better than a Mercedes, worse than a Toyota. Somewhere in the middle.
    We gripe about them because we are picky. We tend to notice things that most others would look over.
    We are small in numbers, so it's easier to find others with the same or similar issues -there's only one home for us, right here at .info.
    As owners of rare/unusual vehicles, we do get taken advantage of. Stick around the boards for a few days; you'll see that if you want something done right -do it yourself. That's where we come in.
    Last edited by mbeach : 05/04/2006 at 09:34 PM