Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Common VX problems you'd like Isuzu to resolve.

Angry Fleeced

ARGH

I waited, last year, for 4 months for a catalytic converter. No rental, no helpf from dealership. I have had same problems with headlights (have replaced both of them) I have owned for less than five years!!

Now I'm weaiting (backorderd) for a mirror and have to decide about the CD.

I have an 01' Mica Green VX. The rims are peeling. It's all there - we all have the same issues. Think carefully - could anyone from Isuzu afford to acknowledge these inherent problems? I think not. What liability it would incur. Now we know why they stopped making them.

Anyone say ... Fleeced!

Keep the petition going. Hopefully Isuzu will take action. I have a 2000 Vehicross and a 1999 Amigo. If the problems are not fixed and continue, I will look for another manufacturer for my next vehicle. Toyota, Nissan or maybe go back to american built.
    Problems with my 2000 VX at 39,000 miles.
    1. Hood release will not work most of the time. Have tried to fix but nothing permanent.
    2. Glass covers on headlights starting to look faded.
    3. Carbon Fiber hood insert starting to crack.
    4. CD player acting up.
    This might not seem like much, but I have read on this site that numerous VX owners are having the same problems. Lets get Isuzu to acknowledge their problems and fix them.

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    You guys do realize that Isuzu is all but dead in the US don't you?

They don't care what we think, nor who we buy our next car from. That's why we are here to help each other resolve our problems.

I don't think that anyone here was 'forced' to buy their VXs. If you were looking for a 5 year old mini-SUV, you could have found a lot more for a lot less money.
    We bought our VXs because we wanted them -not because they were all that we could afford -it's not like this is a Kia discussion group...

Window problems.
    Wiper paint.

questions for you guys

I've just purchased a used VX; however, it didn't come with an owner manual.
    Can you guys tell me where I can find the winter drive and the power drive buttons
    and how to engage and disengage the winter drive or power drive mode. My power
    drive indicator light just came on today and I figure that I must have hit something
    accidentally.

Thanks for helping out

Henry

www.helminc.com for the manual, or wait for one to show up on ebay.

Push the power button again so it pops up, light should go out. Many people on this board leave theirs on though: better performance and, apparently, more mpg with it on.

Quote Originally Posted by txvx
    Can you guys tell me where I can find the winter drive and the power drive buttons and how to engage and disengage the winter drive or power drive mode.
    Both buttons are located in the console. The Winter mode can only be engaged when stopped, and automatically disengages when you hit about 20 mph. It lets you start off in third gear. The Power mode but can be toggled on and off and will stay in whatever mode was last selected. Power mode adjusts the transmission for firmer and later shifts. Like Henry said, many of us keep it in Power mode all the time. I do.
    Last edited by Cobrajet : 09/14/2006 at 02:21 PM
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Windows.. windows.. windows..

Nice comments.. guess this is an ongoing gripe session.. would like to see some links to fixes..

well here is My gripe... My windows have never worked since I bought Mine new in july 02, and at 30,000 miles i didnt think it would be this bad now..

did warrenty on passenger window.. all that resulted was broken window and wrong tint color.. the problem came back 6 months later... now the driverside.. was perfect till the other day when it just dropped into oblivion on the way up..

I guess I will try a bodyshop.. since they work on everything maybe will be a fresh perspective.. gotta love those "money is no object" crisises when it comes to a vehicle so unique you are addicted to it...

hope to see others here in arizona .. have seen quite a few

# 135
    2000 Green Dragon 38,000 milels
    Hood will not release from inside VX
    Cracks in CF hood insert
    Rear Speakers sound bad
    Headlight cloudy
    Driver seat problems
    I am worried because of all the problems reported from the VX owners.
    My VX only has 38,000 miles. Am not looking forward to these problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B
    # 135
    2000 Green Dragon 38,000 milels
    Hood will not release from inside VX
    Cracks in CF hood insert
    Rear Speakers sound bad
    Headlight cloudy
    Driver seat problems
    I am worried because of all the problems reported from the VX owners.
    My VX only has 38,000 miles. Am not looking forward to these problems.
    Try turning the threaded rubber bumpers on the radiator cross brace out a few turns on each side, and lubricate the hood latch mechanism with white lithium spray grease (NOT WD-40) for your hood release problem.

Your other issues (with possible exception of "driver seat problems"-elaborate?) are not that unusual for a 6-7 year old vehicle. The factory speakers were not that great to begin with. The original hood insert panel was not CF so if yours is, then somebody replaced it, in which case the cracks would not be Isuzu's fault.

also for the hood, make sure the release latch under the dash is secure and as far towards the drivers seat as possible, the first time i took my dash apart the hood release didnt work when i put it all back together, just didnt tighten it down enough which caused it to move back when i pulled on the latch

Hood insert cracked,both windows not operable,cd player keeps cd's,excessive oil useage.

And Isuzu is disappearing. My local place "Showcase Isuzu" in Bourne, MA which at one time was one of the largest Isuzu dealerships in MA has vanishied. Now the issue IMHO is getting parts.
    Scott

Isuzu troubles

Own 4 99s.

2 have broken crankshafts.
    3 have the window problem
    4 have no headlamp gaskets
    2 have bad CD changers
    FEW places can service trhe transmission properly!
    Dealers have minimal parts and no trained techs who care about a 99

The 2 with blown engines/bad crankshafts I purchased that way so dont know if any other troubles besides headlamp gskts,windows and CD
    The truck with 44K only has the headlamp gaskets missing but I know the windows will screw up sooner or later.

Isuzu in El Paso, texas are no help and seem to be A##holes. like many Texans!
    I have owned 10 Troopers and most never had anything w
    rong. Last one sold had 266K and the frame rusted out as it was an Ohio Truck. The Mexicans I sold it to are still running it. these were from 86 to 92s. Seems the quality and engineering was shortcuted in the VX- a Passport engine? HOWEVER< I love my IRONMAN, in spite of the problems and will sell the 44K truck and rebuild one of the blown ones. MY 2 1/2 cents MRMG Less trouble out of my lucas wired 57 MGA!

For a 30 K$ vehicle in 99, I would expect more.
    Isuzu USA can forget about me buying any more product!

I may have to go back to dodge! Hope the suits read these!

troubles continues

Almost forgot 3 have the hood release trouble. I think I can remove hood and elongate holes to fix. Spent 4 hours on the good Ironman to fix it, will open if you get out and bang the hood. I was so pissed I dented the hood one day with my fist before I spent the time and got it a little better, but not right. Were all the VXs built on a monday or friday??