Thread: Magnetic Bra

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    or take off the bra after each rain & dry it real good - I procrastinate & forget).
    Any kind of bra is for traveling only, the longer you leave it on when not traveling the more issues will crop up. (dust & dirt accumulating underneath will act as sandpaper on the paint, wetness/dampness will begin to cloud the paint with a film, sunshine will gradually fade all of your paint "except" that covered by the bra...therefore you get like a tan-line effect.)

Hope this helps! Or in short...if you use a front-end bra...don't procrastinate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

"Any kind of bra is for traveling only, the longer you leave it on when not traveling the more issues will crop up. (dust & dirt accumulating underneath will act as sandpaper on the paint, wetness/dampness will begin to cloud the paint with a film, sunshine will gradually fade all of your paint "except" that covered by the bra...therefore you get like a tan-line effect.)"

All true. I would prolly have left it off but Wifey really likes the look so I leave it on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

I like the look, too, Tom. Maybe it's something about Bren's...

I do have a trip to Nebraska in December and then on to Virginia in January, so it will definately pay for itself on the cross-country trip.

In the mean time, I'll probably do the critical first-time-no-bubble install and ride it 'til it's formed, then remove it for daily driving.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have this to add. If you are going to put the bra on, it is a good idea to wax that area first. The bra sort of stuck to the paint, and I couldn't remove the faded look no matter what I did. So I think waxing will help in this area. I didn't do this and I got fading and hundreds of bubbles on my bra. To make a long story short, I liked the way the bra looked on the VX. I went ahead and used Line-X where the magnetic bra used to be.

BTW-Bob is a stand up guy. I had an issue with my first bra I bought, and he replaced it for me. I have nothing but good things to say about Bob and his product.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Where will you be in VA? I'm at Fort Belvoir.

On-Off-On-Off-On-Off-On-Off ... not my cup-o-tea. Storage is always an issue.

Does anyone have a magnetic bra installed on a VX with the headlight perimeter rubbers in place? Any issues with the retaining trim pushing down/separating the headlight seals?
    Yes, my seals are coming off now after bra installation. You can re-cement them with rubber cement or use stronger(but harder to remove/reapply) silicone.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    Yes, my seals are coming off now after bra installation. You can re-cement them with rubber cement or use stronger(but harder to remove/reapply) silicone.
    definitely wax first.. i would even get a "real" wax and not a synthetic liquid one to put on there.. i did that and have had no trouble at all leaving my bra on for 1-2 months at a time

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Thanks for the install tricks. I have a few nicks to take care of in the front ('just got my touch-up paint in the mail yesterday) and I will re-polish and triple wax the front snout.

Tom, I'm going to be at Norfolk to attend a class from mid-January to mid-March. We'll have to link-up at some point. That's all you need, a Bren stereo. Take care.