Thread: This Gekko may not be your friend...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This Gekko may not be your friend...

Geico has begun to write all accident claims (in Fla. anyway) based on cheap aftermarket parts. The parts themselves, are sold by "Keystone" (here) and originate in China, for the most part. Many electronic/electric pieces are Indian. The stamped (Chinese) parts are inferior in every way...fitament is off, metal is flimsy, fastener holes are missing etc.. Don't know about the Indian stuff yet They have been pushing this agenda for some time, but always backed down, and accepted OEM when we challenged them. No more. If you drive a high volumn vehicle ie. Corrolla, Camry, Civic, Accord, F-150 and so on, and you are covered by the Gekko, you are getting aftermarket...unless YOU complain. We(the collision center) have little choice. In the last month, two seperate vehicles were rejected at delivery, by the owners, because of bad gaps etc. One F-150 hood was thin steel (not OEM aluminum!) and a full quarter inch too narrow. When the owners complain, Geico pays us to fix the situation, (order OEM and redo it) but what a PIA for the customer. It's bad enough, my F-150 is Canadian and Mexican...I don't want an ill fitting Chinese hood on it too [url=http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_1837.JPG][img]

I have Geico and am not sure I trust them, although I only pay $85 a month for "full coverage". Maybe you get what you pay for... What would be the best insurance companies out there when a claim does need to be filed? State Farm seems to me to have the best rep.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS
    I have Geico and am not sure I trust them, although I only pay $85 a month for "full coverage". Maybe you get what you pay for... What would be the best insurance companies out there when a claim does need to be filed? State Farm seems to me to have the best rep.
    Not to hijack here...but I was just considering this today.
    I've had Progressive, and my gf is dealing with a claim through AAA right now, that has me curious how different companies compare.
    I got a great rate with Progressive, but the "get what you pay for" theme got me wondering.

I have had State Farm for as long as I have been driving. Have not had any problems at all with them.
    I have heard bad things about Progressive also. They seem to drop a LOT of people after just one claim.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I used to have State Farm. They were very good to me ... until the divorce. They had my hands tied for over a year paying my Ex's auto insurance. The only way I was able to get out of it was to go delinquent on payments. UGLY.

I now have USAA and love it. That won't help most of you because you have to have ties to the military to get it.

Back on track with the thread: I never had any experience with cheap aftermarket parts but have been forced into used parts on an insurance repair. It all worked out but just "seemed wrong".

T4B...you got jacked. There are federal laws that regulate insurance co. that prevent them from "forcing" you you settle for aftermarket parts. It may take more time and be a bit of a PITA but the laws are there to help protect you.
    Also you may be surprised at how many VX owners are military or prior military...Semper Fi!