Thread: AZ VXer meet averts disaster!

Thumbs up AZ VXer meet averts disaster!

Here's the story...
    Cece (VXIRONwoMAN) is in Arizona for a few weeks, and was going through VX withdrawl. I got in touch with an old VXer buddy from Chi-Town that lives out there to see if a mini-meet could get thrown together so she could get a VehiCROSS fix. Victor (VCAMILO) comes through... he not only stops by, but takes Cece out for a little 'wheeling on one of the nearby trails. From what I hear it was a good time, and there might even be another mini-meet with Billy (Triathlete) and others.
    However...
    What would off-roading be without a little bit of pucker factor?
    Before you look at the pics... I should let you know that the amazing thing is NOT how he got in or out of this mess, but rather how Cece got out of the shotgun seat & took these pics!!!

I'm glad you had fun, put your VX through its paces, and stayed shiny-side up! I hope to take some trails with the AZ crowd myself some day...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

In true Victor fashion! Knowing Victor he just turned into it and went DOWN the hill just so he could climb up it!
    Is that Saguaro Lake or Lake Pleasant in the background...or?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

It’s only been a few hours and I’m already on the internet? I’m taking her camera away next time. It’s all her fault. She was talking to me pointing out a rattle snake eating a rabbit when I noticed that my rear end was sliding in a bad way. I quickly told her to jump and save her life and she agreed. It took us a few minutes until we both assessed the situation. A few minutes later we were on out way up and around to get to Saguaro Lake. I jumped in for a swim as CeCe contemplated jumping in. She never did jump in - "It’s too green, it’s too high (18ft. jump into the water), I need a towel, are there any sharks in there?, how about next week?" ...anyways we had a good time and had her back in the room by 8pm so that she could relax in the company of her idiot roommate.

If it is an 18 foot jump into the water how do you get out?

Thats nothing.... ever driven in MD? Ever seen MD drivers traverse ANY road, paved or not? But in our case, we usually dont have happy endings.

Speaking of which, my VX was almost rolled a few weeks ago. I was merging onto the highway (65mph zone) and an 18 wheeler came into the far right lane from the left just as I was merging in. Totally didnt see me. Pushed me off the road onto the shoulder at a high rate of speed and the rumble strip caused me to bouce a bit and lose traction, which skidded me into the grass. The VX toppled a bit and rolled up onto the passenger side wheels. I reacted as fast as possible and turned into it and it dropped back down. Somehow, through it all, I kept going until I was up to speed again and was able to get onto the highway. When I got up next to the 18 wheeler I looked up at him in disgust (and a giant lump in my throat) and he put his hands up in his face like he was screamed out SORRY. At least he saw his almost disastrous mistake. And in the end, the knot in my throat and stomach went away after about an hour.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by VCAMILO
    It’s only been a few hours and I’m already on the internet? I’m taking her camera away next time. It’s all her fault. She was talking to me pointing out a rattle snake eating a rabbit when I noticed that my rear end was sliding in a bad way. I quickly told her to jump and save her life and she agreed. It took us a few minutes until we both assessed the situation. A few minutes later we were on out way up and around to get to Saguaro Lake. I jumped in for a swim as CeCe contemplated jumping in. She never did jump in - "It’s too green, it’s too high (18ft. jump into the water), I need a towel, are there any sharks in there?, how about next week?" ...anyways we had a good time and had her back in the room by 8pm so that she could relax in the company of her idiot roommate.

NO! NO! NO! He has it all wrong!!! He was actually talking to me, while he was driving in reverse, listening to Maroon 5, swatting away the jurassic sized swarm of mosquitoes, the rabbitt was eating the snake (not the other way around), after he PUSHED me out I reached into my back pocket and grabbed my grapple so I could climb my way back in. There were leeches in the water and it's the Jurassic sized mosquitoes nesting ground, there is no way I am getting in there!!! But I had a blast! It was great to meet another fantastic VX owner! Hope to see you again soon! Thanks for taking me by the way!
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by VXIRONwoMAN
    listening to Maroon 5,
    Theres the problem!

The only reason I put on Marron5 was because I dont think my co-pilot was understanding Don Omar" the king of kings" el special Reggeaton from country of Puerto Rico. . Like she said we had a good time. Its on the calendar.... you are jumping in no matter what!