I have a friend who just bought a 1999 Range Rover with an air bag suspension and she has a question that I don't know anything about. I figured that someone here on the forum would own one, or know the answer to the question. What is the deal with the compressor for the air springs? I just took the car for a drive, and it seems like the compressor is running an awful lot. She says that it really only runs that much around town, but once the car gets going and settles down to it's highway stance she doesn't hear the noise. It could be that she doesn't notice it because of the radio/ wind/ highway noise. My worry is that one of the air springs may have a leak in it so the compressor has to work more often to keep the air tank filled.

Does anyone know how the air suspension in a 1999 Range Rover is supposed to work? Should the compressor run fairly regularly, or should it only run on start up to jack the truck up?

On a side note; it was super cool to feel the truck raise and lower itself. Now I want a set up like this in the VX.