Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lifting the VX

Cool Lifting the VX

Hello, I am in the process of making my Ironman come to life. I have met a very helpful VX owner on the west coast and he has pointed me in the right direction for lifing the VX. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT A LOCAL 4 WHEEL PARTS PLACE TOLD ME TO SELL MY VX AND KEEP MY JEEP. The name is Tar Heel 4 Wheel Parts. DON"T SUPPORT THEM, CAUSE THEY DON"T SUPPORT US.

Anyway, I am going with the OME912 Coil SPrings (from Old MAN EMU) and I mentioned that I had 60K miles on my VX and he said to replace the front shocks with some OME shocks as well. He wasn't sure that the shocks would fit the VX, he said it might cause it has a Rodeo, anyway, has anyone replaced the shcoks in front, he said go with the N65 in front and N102 in rear. Is that recommended? WIth the miles I've accumilated, he said the new system is recommended just because my old shocks are worn out.
    -The Rave-
    North Carolina

Try here for Rancho RS9000X shocks that fit VX

http://www.samsoffroad.com/samsoffroadsto/rancho.htm

PN Front RS 99214
    PN Rear RS 99215
    Neither ordinary or extraordinary, just indefatigable.

2000 VX Green Dragon- Chick Demagnitizer-Supercharger-Injen Intake- Cold air box-K&N- Power Vault SS Exhaust-265-75-16 BFG MT kms-On Board CO2- Custom Boulder Bars- Custom Skid plates- PIAA 520 Fog Lites-3inch lift with OME 912 Springs-LINE X Bedliner on Cladding & Hood Insert-ARB Front Lockers & Custom Bull Bar. Vintage Offenhauser Hood scoop Thule Rack. XM Radio-Custom Storage Box-First VX to surmount the RUBICON.Thanks Sierra Stompers

Hey NC_VX,
    You might wanna drop BOARZHEAD a line about lifting a VX. I know he did it. It is 1 mean looking VX.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

BOARZHEAD did a 3" Calmini lift and then had a local shop fabricate a 3" body lift. I don't know what all they did but BOARZHEAD can fill you in. Its pretty big though, can't wait 'till he gets his tires on, right now he's still running the stock ones.

Hey Jay are those the actual tires that came with the VX? How many miles do you have on it now?

Yeh I know.. Needs tires. They are original size but not the same ones. I have 60,000 on it now. Soon I promise. Yeh they used a trooper body lift and had to cut rear cadding for gas tank and pull out front cadding to. Took off all the rubber wheel liners to polish frame.. I like it you can see through rear wheel wells and all framed polished.. If you need help on lifting the vx let me know .. Got a real Knowledgable guy for you..
    I always take life with a grain of salt. Plus mashed potatoes and gravy!

Thats ok. Anyone who prefers a jeep over an Isuzu is either stupid or uninformed. Or a Bubba (im from NC also). I run the piss out of Jeeps every single day. And I love the look on their face when I pass them on an onramp or actually can go OVER 100!

Spazz, I'm not sure I understand who this is directed towards? Are you talking to Boarz or NC_VX?

Boarzhead has pics... maybe not posted in the gallary, but I thought everyone had seen them either posted on this board or the other.

As for NC_VX, it's his first post. Give him some time.

By the way Spazz... I have to admit, I like most of what you have done to your VX in the time you have been on here. I was looking thorugh your pics lastnight and am impressed! I like the look of the lift, even if I'm not sure I want to lose what may be lost with it, I may want to gain a few inches under the ride someday.

Originally posted by BOARZHEAD
    If you need help on lifting the vx let me know .. Got a real Knowledgable guy for you..

I need some help. would appreciate any input you can provide on
    approx. 3 inch body lift.

Thanks
    Bob F

Green Dragon,
    I think I would opt for a suspention lift if given the option. The price can be about the same. Some one correct me if I'm wrong, the OME912 springs can be bought for around $65 each (2 needed) plus tortion bar lift in front (free except for the cost of alignment). Just my personal opinion but more bang for the $$$!
    Once i have the time and money this will be the route I go.
    Not lifted yet but plenty of pictures!!!!!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Sorry about pics.. My web page is www.boarzhead.freewebspace.com

Hey BOARZHEAD we should get a pic of your VX next to mine to show the difference. Maybe we should wait for you to get those tires though. Then you can just drive up on my VX and we'll take the pic.

About the pics.. Tried to post them but all are to large they said. I tried to crop them but still to large. The body lift info is from www.independent4x.com This guy is a Isuzu guy only. He helped talk through Northern 4x4 to help do the body lift. Need to make some brackets for dropping the gas tank. Also shifter linkage. Plus good ole Isuzu decided to cover over the rear body mounts, so have to locate them and drill out through floor to get them. Hope this helps. But check out my picks first. The frame and gas tank really show alot.. I like it though.

Just got my VX all set up! I went with the 912 Old Man Emu springs and they gave me 2.5" of lift in the back (i measured) and the front torsion bars were cranked to match. It got some looks but still needed some meat underneath. I was running 265/75/16's but they looked a little small. So i went out and got 33" tires! They are the 285/75/16 (32.8") Goodyear MT/R's!!! They are awesome! Dropped a couple of pretty pennies for them but it was worth it! They look damn good! I now have lots of clearance! Can't wait to take them off road! And ohh the looks i get now! People stop what they are doing and just stare, point, and just about brake their necks! I now have to hop up into my VX now to get in and i am 6'2"! Here are some around town pics in the gallery.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...at=500&thumb=1
    Last edited by Tonka : 06/04/2003 at 10:49 PM

Tonka,

Did you need to trim the cladding at all to fit the tires?
    Live Free or DIE!

Wink OOPS!

Spazz, Green Dragon,
    My bag...brain wasn't clicking on all cylinders. Of course GD knows of the lift! Thats where I got most of my info. Love that VX!!!
    DOH!:homer: