Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: And now for something completely different...

it has been cracked for a while. yesterday tho was the day tat the free unlocking tool was released.

Former owner of Supercharged #0604, now in withdrawal
    Don't get me wrong - a coworker got one last weekend and I played with it a bit today. Totally cool! Awesome interface! Great features!

But it's about 2.5x the size of my current phone (KRZR) which is already too big for my taste.

a little kid in Jersey unlocked it....he's like 17. Little wizard will be in a Lambo by the time he can drink a legal beer. Good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
    Don't get me wrong - a coworker got one last weekend and I played with it a bit today. Totally cool! Awesome interface! Great features!

But it's about 2.5x the size of my current phone (KRZR) which is already too big for my taste.

It's a neat Wifi toy, but a terrible 3G device. Which is to say, just get the iPod Touch, and skip the AT&T data network. The Touch looks like it does most of the things that I want -- browse the internet via wifi, play music, play videos -- without the 400 page and/or $4000 bills from AT&T.

For what it is worth, I rather liked Helio's Ocean. I sent it packing back to them, though, because they had it locked down too much. (Same problem with the iPhone, incidently.) I want to be able to put my own apps on the phone. OperaMini, for instance, beats the pants off of almost any other mobile browser on non-smartphones.

OperaMobile, continues that pants-beating for more advanced phones...

Quote Originally Posted by mdwyer
    It's a neat Wifi toy, but a terrible 3G device. Which is to say, just get the iPod Touch, and skip the AT&T data network. The Touch looks like it does most of the things that I want -- browse the internet via wifi, play music, play videos -- without the 400 page and/or $4000 bills from AT&T

I don't have my own wireless internet connection yet, so I have been websurfing at home on this thing over At&T edge network. It may not be as fast as a good dsl connection,but it is faster than dial-up.My plan has unlimited data, and it is the cheapest plan...I will let you know if my first bill is insane.

My phone is way cooler!
    VX : CLOSEST THING TO A CONCEPT CAR!

My phone is way cooler!(nokia e65)

Quote Originally Posted by thedutchguy
    My phone is way cooler!(nokia e65)
    Ah, Europe...

In America, our phone companies just plain suck. Boring phones, stupid service. But we've got really fast CDMA in a lot of places. Wanna trade?