Thread: Am I the only one??? Brake related issue...

Am I the only one??? Brake related issue...

During the last month or so I have had almost two near "accidents" with other vehicles. The problem is that I keep pressing the brake and gas pedal at the same time. I think they are dangerously close..or I have a big foot. It's not a good feeling when you are trying to stop and instead you hear the engine revving and moving forward. Thank GOD I was at a stop sign so I reacted quickly and avoided a collision. The other time was backing up into a parking space.

Have any of you experience this?
    Daniel

i have experienced it definately.. twice while offroading almost with disasterous results because once my spotter was only a few feet in front of me and once coming down a very steep grade...

usually only happens when im wearing my workboots...

do you have pedal covers? my problem got worse with the addition of covers, so i drilled out holes in the stock pedals so that i could move my brake pedal cover as far away from the gas as i could, has helped some

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

i have done that also, and like etl, its worst with a certain pair of shoes, eastmans, my "dress shoes". they have a like, gum rubber sole, and i think that rubber drags on the gas pedal, making my foot hit both pedals.
    so i have to really concintrate lifting my foot off the gas, and putting it on the brake, instead of just sliding over like when wearing tennis shoes.

I haven't had any issues like this, but thanks for the jinx .

If anything, sometimes if I have to brake abruptly, my foot will catch the brake pedal from behind after releasing off of the gas.
    I'm usually wearing flip flops , which tends to raise the possibility of that happening.

I've actually been considering getting a pedal cover for the accelerator because I think it's a little dinky.

I have also experienced this, and found that the floor mat was pushed forward and to the right far enough that it was climbing the hump. My heel was effectively moved an inch or so to the left. Just enough to throw off the normal feel. I make it a habit to reposition the floor mat every couple days and have not had a problem since. I always wear the same shoes when I drive so my case is not related to the shoes.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Wink

I experienced this once or twice with the stock pedals...but, after upgrading to the MOMO pedals, I offset the brake pedal slightly to the left and made more space between the pedals so its no longer an issue..plus, I've become an avid "left-foot" braker over the past 7 years..lol. For details, if interested, please refer to my old thread: (post #14)

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...highlight=momo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?