Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If a satellite can read a license plate.....

If a satellite can read a license plate.....

How come we can't find osama bin laden?

Seriously? Because there are a gazillion license plate's worth of space to look at.

Only half jokingly - because we already did and he's in a detention center somewhere and they haul him out to make a video every 6 months or so when the sheeple need reminding why they need the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper

Because we are not looking..........

Not sure if it was reported in the states but over here a few months ago there was a report that French special forces in Afganistan were within a couple of hundred yards of Osama twice and asked the American commander for permission to shoot but it was denied both times. Obviously you never know how true this is but it was a reputable news papaer not a tabloid.

LOLOLOL is all I have to say on that matter.

On a lighter note- being from the UK you may or may not remember this. A long time ago when cameras were first being used in the UK for speeding tickets, a gentleman was mailed a ticket with a picture of him speeding somewhere with a fine to be paid and mailed back to the police. He took a picture of the money, and mailed the picture of the money back to them. They, in return, took a picture of handcuffs and mailed it back to the gentleman. At this point the joke was up, and he paid the fine.

Why are we looking for Osama Bin Laden? Everyone knows it was Sadamm Hussain who took out the World Trade Towers.

Why else do we have 20,000 soldiers in Afganistan and 160,000 soldiers in Iraq?

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
    Because we are not looking..........
    Give the man a Cupie doll!! Imagine what happens when we announce his capture/death. I'd love to come thru here in a thousand years, and see if this is the creation of the next messiah. Gotta admit, Islam has some momentum going. The Rome vs. Jesus analogies are endless. The twenty first century is a lot of things....boring it ain't.

Maybe its just the long hair, beard, robe, and sandals that makes someone seem like a messiah after a thousand years. If thats the case, with all the musicians and hippies here in Athens, my soul is going to surely be saved. lololol

Because Osama doesnt have a license plate bolted to him.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I say we make Osama a US citizen, embellish him with a winning lottery ticket, AND LET THE I.R.S. TRACK HIM DOWN. Two weeks max!

Maybe he hasn't been captured because he donated money to the GOP, or owns a ranch somewhere close to whacko, TX?

Gotta admit, Islam has some momentum going. The Rome vs. Jesus analogies are endless. The twenty first century is a lot of things....boring it ain't.
    Naa man, OBL, his lunatic followers and their savage acts don't help Islam in any way, in fact, most of his victims, both directly and indirectly are Muslims. He is a blemish on Islam with his perverted beliefs that are completely contrary to the faith he claims to belong to.

O.B.L. is indeed a blight on modern Islam, unfortunately, Islam is growing the most quickly, in the least modern places...among the least educated humans. If I remember correctly, his original issue was non Muslims on "sacred" sand. He's in a position to become either venerated, or vilified...we'll see how it plays out. I'm no lover of any religion, and this one is particularly distastefull with the convert or die ethic.

Quote Originally Posted by BritVX
    Not sure if it was reported in the states but over here a few months ago there was a report that French special forces in Afganistan were within a couple of hundred yards of Osama twice and asked the American commander for permission to shoot but it was denied both times. Obviously you never know how true this is but it was a reputable news paper not a tabloid.
    If true, that's more a comment on bureaucracy than a sign of Americans not wanting to get him. I'm a combat arms Soldier...not a mere trigger puller, but a commissioned officer, even... You practically need a lawyer present to let my joes fire. You're looking at a VERY big deal if you're talking about firing main gun rounds downrange. I'm not griping. It's the nature of the beast. Can't have it both ways.

Oh, and re: us not looking. Your tinfoil hat is on too tight. I thought this thread was a joke thread. BUt if you're honestly asking why sats can't find OBL but can read plates....why don't you ask why satellites can't find YOUR plates at any given moment. Uh...maybe because the world is...big? Unless you think the govt has an army of topographic analysts combing every square inch of the planet with magic satellites....turning over each rock...

This is coming from a staunch liberal who, ironic in light of profession (or rather BECAUSE OF), is seriously distrustful of government.
    Last edited by spaceCADETzoom : 09/20/2007 at 04:54 PM
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

II'm no lover of any religion, and this one is particularly distastefull with the convert or die ethic.
    Where did you get that idea from? That's like saying Christianity has a kill all abortion doctors ethic.

I'm no lover of any religion, and this one is particularly distastefull with the convert or die ethic.
    That is not true, just like it would be wrong to generalize anti-semitism to Christianity based on pogoms, the spanish inquisition, or the many other such excesses.

Judging a religion by the worst of it's adherents and fringe groups who distort the fundamental teachings of the faith and then to generalize such conclusions to the religion itself is not a fair judgement.