Thread: 2-nd Golden Ring Trip (Russia)

2-nd Golden Ring Trip (Russia)

Last year we made a trip to Suzdal: http://pics.livejournal.com/uncle_asa/gallery/0000gzsx
    It was started from the Red Square at Moscow.

And now we just returned from Pereyaslavl-Yaroslavl-Rostov the Great trip:
    http://pics.livejournal.com/uncle_asa/gallery/0001bray
    You see, now even more VXs all around. It was now international meet, we had a couple came from Byelorussia on their VX here Unfortunately, Moscow police forbid us to start from Red Square this time due to preparation for the concert, so we started from Bolotnaya street (very close to the Red Square), then followed to Pereyaslavl, then had a party and a sleep in Yaroslavl and on the way home we visited Rostov the Great. You might count up to 18 different cars here (sorry, no pic with all of them alltogeter)...
    2001 Isuzu VehiCROSS (build in progress): 4JX1/A340/part time, 2" body lift, front Aisin hubs, rear Aussie Locker, 4.56 gears, OEM rear sway bar disconnect, AirFlow snorkel, cabin air filter
    1980 Jeep Cherokee (assembling): 1.5" body lift, TBI, HEI
    1987 AMC Eagle: stock

You guys have some colorful VX's over there Alexander. I think you guys are trying to import all the VX's to your country Russia...VX capital of the world I like the background of your photo's...very unique architecture!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Thats a lot of VX`s in one place. Great meet and great pics. I wish here in US we can do some massive meet.

Great pics and meet!! Paint jobs are wild.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Thumbs up

Great pics! It's nice to see we have brothers/sisters all over the world.

djkymar, not to be a smart ***** but the big meet we have in the U.S. is called Moab. Start making plans now. You will have a blast! It starts on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

tomdietrying, yeah after i sended my comment and left home i thought about Moab and was gonan fix my comment when i get back and now your here already notice that lol

Quote Originally Posted by tomdietrying
    djkymar, not to be a smart ***** but the big meet we have in the U.S. is called Moab. Start making plans now. You will have a blast! It starts on the first Tuesday after Mother's Day.
    I wish we have something like Moab here, but no rocks and only mud On the next weekend we plan to have some fun in mud (2 VX, Opel Frontera and probably someone else).

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete
    You guys have some colorful VX's over there Alexander. I think you guys are trying to import all the VX's to your country Russia...VX capital of the world I like the background of your photo's...very unique architecture!
    It will be very expensive to import VXs from now. Currently, tax fee is around $12000 if I'm not mistaken and next year it will raise even more (we have 7 year limit from manufacturing date as a border). From the other side, there is other way to bring a car with less custom fee, but usually it is used for JDM spec cars mostly - disassemble car in country of origin and import it as parts, then "swap" body, frame and engine (just assemble actually, but based on official documents it is a swap) for the wrecked/salvaged car.
    I think guys in Japan still have the lead I heard there was around 5500-6000 JDM VXs and taking into account their territory you can imagine how easy to make a huge meet
    Yeah, the Golden Ring cities are very unique! Though, in Rostov we was very disappointed - we did not meet any tourist. Such a beautiful place and no one make a money for the city infrastructure development...