Thread: Looking for VX Mechanic

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking for VX Mechanic

Anybody out there know a trustworthy mechanic in the Southern California area??? I live in the Santa Clarita.

I have 154,000 miles on this magnificent engineering marvel. My only problems have been with the CD changer(replaced) and a cracked radiator(replaced). Now I appear to have a problem with the TOD. Having never really had any problems with this car I have not developed any relationship with any mechanics or repairs shops...

Any recommendations??

Thanks!!

12 Mini Cooper Coupe S fully modded and tuned!, 01 Kaiser VX #1209 RIP, 01 Kaiser VX #0664 Clone
    154k, thats awesome!! What is your TOD doing, this board is a great resource for troubleshooting!
    Ask forgiveness, not permission.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Thumbs up

I am a broken record when it comes to my Isuzu mechanic. He has taken care of my VX since I bought her new in 2000 and has cared for a least a dozen other VX owners who are members of this site. He is a good man but he is at a dealership, and he is a stretch from where you live.

Sierra Isuzu
    1450 South Shamrock Ave
    Monrovia, CA 91016

Service: (626) 932-5675 If you call, ask for either service rep. Joann or Ken. Tell them I sent you. If you make an appointment, ask for a day that the mechanic, Mike is there. Mike is always happy to talk to VX owners and he really knows VX's.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

I''l back Anita up on that one: I took mine there for the 60K checkup. It was a little expensive and its outta the way, but the security of a knowledgable mechanic was worth it.

Anita pointed me towards Sierra Isuzu for an inspection and I was very pleased with the experience there.
    Mike knows the vehicle well and even took 20 minutes or so to talk to me about it and I will probably continue to go there in the future for any issues I will NEVER have!

You should ask around here too for your TOD issues first, you might just be able to save yourself a drive.

Hey thanks to you all sounds like this guy "Mike" in Monrovia is my man, I will call him...

As for a description of my problem please see the thread I posted on this site just below this one that says, "Problem with the TOD"...since I don't, "burn the bearings up" typing this will save a lot of time...

I'll give this guy a call ....Thanks Anita...I'll tell him you sent me...

BTW its 154,000+ miles on the "original" brake PADS and rotors!! This is soo unfricken believable to me.... but I swear to all its true...

Even this problem seem to me to be minor...been driving it this way for a couple of weeks now...

Thanks again

John

Thanks Anita!
    Is the Merlin you are talking about the Merlin of St Charles Isuzu that I find on a google search? Any other suggestions on getting a better price? I am broke at the moment and am fixing my VX at bad time- That said I want the reliable service that a good hearty recommendation brings. Just got an email from a good friend to do 6 peaks in 6 weeks (that is hiking 6 peaks in the next 6 weeks). Would love to take my VX into the wilderness and not worry about a breakdown.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    Yes, Merlin is our famous source from St. Charles Isuzu. Mention the VX.info site and he gives a discount. Shipping is free.

My dealership had quoted me a price on some parts in the past and when I told them I could get it for a cheaper price from Merlin, the parts dept. met the price.

Hope all goes well tomorrow. Mike is very thorough if you ask him to take a look at everything. He has never steered me wrong or b.s.'d me.