Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Wiper Blade Brand???

I use Isuzu OEM wiper blades. I use to buy just the wiper baldes and they work very good. A few months ago I went to Isuzu to buy new wiper blades and they said that they do not sell the blades alone, I had to buy the entire metal attachment with the wiper blades. I told them I only needed the blades that the metal attachment I have was in good condition. No luck. I had to buy the whole unit. So now I am going with after market wiper blades. I will try the blades recommended on this thread. Thanks.

Thumbs up

I've had Silblades on mine for 3yrs and they still work like new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chi Dog...Dog is my Co-pilot
    Onward thru the fog
    Leave it BETTER than you found it!

Bosch Icon wiper blades, and never turning back.
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Icons! Sure it's not bat pee? Hundreds of bats would pour from the hay loft of our barn at dusk each nite. If you stood under the opening, you got peed on! Guess bats gotta go when they wake up, too.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    I had the PIAA blades (i bought them from weathertech) on for about 4 yrs before I had to replace them; and even then they were still doing a good job... So I replaced them with the exact same thing...

Funny how the packages says replace once a year (just like rubber compound blades) yet they last SO much longer.
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

I guess this thread goes to show that the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. With all the high tech discussions going on I though asking about wiper blades was kind of lame. I learned some stuff though so thanks for all your input.

P.S. Bats, bugs, squirrels, trees ... something's pissing on my Proton. Might just have to camp out one night with a slingshot (bad tree ... bad tree ... take that up your knot hole).

Great topic im going to the store right now and getting those icons. I curently have dual pilot blades and they are S*** =(

How about sizes? I seem to remember that upsizing and inch or two over stock resulted in better coverage -maybe for only one side?. But its been so many years that I don't even remember what I bought last time.

Quote Originally Posted by WyrreJ View Post
    How about sizes? I seem to remember that upsizing and inch or two over stock resulted in better coverage -maybe for only one side?. But its been so many years that I don't even remember what I bought last time.
    i believe the sizes are 17 and 24"
    My cow died last night ......so I don't need your bull!

Go Silicone!

Silicone is the best material by far for wiper blades. I have used both PIAA and Silblade. I think Silblades are better.
    http://www.silblade.com/

WyrreJ,

17 & 24 seemed like a strange combo to me so I looked at the path/coverage after installing the new blades. The coverage seemed fairly complete & it looked like longer blades might actually hit each other at the bottom of the stroke. I'll stick with the stock size myself but others may have different opinions. I used to have a Samurai & the dinky little blades were hard to find (can't remember the size). I put larger ones on & they ended up digging into the rubber windshield seal.

I just noticed today at work that one car has matching blue wiper blades so i check them out and it came out that it was SIlBlade so i took the car and told my friend to emulate rian with water hose and i was sitting inside car with wipers on checking how good they are but i was dissapointed because they were even worse then my current ones. I dont know if i will get new ones for 60 bucks pair they will be probly fine now but later who knows how they would be. They promising 5 year warranty and i dont think they can make it more then a year. My opinion price is too much for those.
    just my 2 cents

The RainX are working fine so far. My daughter is driving the VX today & it's raining so I'll get her input.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tom4bren View Post
    Thanks for all the input. I read about the Bosch after I had put the rainx on. I'll probably take that route next time.

Rain??? I've forgoten what that's like too. I need the wipers though because some tree in my yard sprays some kind of sticky sap all over so both the washer & wipers are used daily. If it ain't the tree spraying sap the only other thing I can think of is the squirrels are pissing on my P&J - Not Good!!!

Why not. I've got locusts living under my pool (trust me - it's unique). Might as well have bugs pooping on my cars.

Trouble is though that the residue is clear. Never heard of clear poop before.

I guess this thread goes to show that the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked. With all the high tech discussions going on I though asking about wiper blades was kind of lame. I learned some stuff though so thanks for all your input.

P.S. Bats, bugs, squirrels, trees ... something's pissing on my Proton. Might just have to camp out one night with a slingshot (bad tree ... bad tree ... take that up your knot hole).
    I don't have much of these problems...Anyone ever heard of a garage????
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark B View Post
    I use Isuzu OEM wiper blades. I use to buy just the wiper baldes and they work very good. A few months ago I went to Isuzu to buy new wiper blades and they said that they do not sell the blades alone, I had to buy the entire metal attachment with the wiper blades. I told them I only needed the blades that the metal attachment I have was in good condition. No luck. I had to buy the whole unit. So now I am going with after market wiper blades. I will try the blades recommended on this thread. Thanks.
    Have you noticed most wiper blades are now proprietary? The refills are no longer swapable.

I run the PIAA's. But last time I ordered the refills, the local 4x4 store charged me shipping and handling because they don't stock the just the refills, making the refills more than the whole assembly.