Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A few new things from me...

Yeah, it is certainly temping....it would complete my VX and make it look that much better, especially with some nice BFG Mudders on there...oh yeah.

If I had a second vehicle to get me to work I would be 100% down with it, but at the moment, I can't take my VX out of drive until I have a backup plan.

I'm hoping to also fix my Xterra, lift it and strip it down and use that as a full time desert beater, but that is a ways off also.

So many projects, such little time, and even less money!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    I think if you did the drop brackets and brake lines first, instead of the torsion crank I'm sure that you could bypass the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    My friends were in their rental taking video from there. I have more, but this segment looks the best. Its hard to hold the camera steady at that speed.

I have been looking at these:
    http://weatherpack.com/connectors.html

Anyone ever use them?

Thanks,
    Bart

yea! those are the ones i used! worked out well i used a pair of the doubles.. they are a little big bulky (when connected the whole thing measures just over 2-1/2") and there are lots of little pieces with those that add up quickly...

buying all the little pieces you need gets a little pricey too.. here is what you need to splice 2 wires..

i ordered mine from summit racing.. to splice 4 wires with those connectors it ran me $14 + their $10 handling charge (but i ordered a couple of other things along with it to help absorb that handling cost)

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

just search www.summitracing.com for weatherpack and youll get lots of results for kits of them

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Yeah, those look sweet. Since I have 5 wires, I was thinking of just ordering the 6 wire one. From the weatherpack site it looks like there would only be two pieces...

I'll have to do a little more research, but this looks like what I want. This way, I will just have a connector on the back of my roof right in front of the spoiler, which should not be too visible.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    yea! those are the ones i used! worked out well i used a pair of the doubles.. they are a little big bulky (when connected the whole thing measures just over 2-1/2") and there are lots of little pieces with those that add up quickly...

buying all the little pieces you need gets a little pricey too.. here is what you need to splice 2 wires..

i ordered mine from summit racing.. to splice 4 wires with those connectors it ran me $14 + their $10 handling charge (but i ordered a couple of other things along with it to help absorb that handling cost)

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

just search www.summitracing.com for weatherpack and youll get lots of results for kits of them

Only a little less candlepower than Jackie Robinson stadium. Damn...light up the desert

Yeah, I will try to get a few pics of them at night if I can. It really does help driving in the dark, especially when road cruisin' for snakes!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Only a little less candlepower than Jackie Robinson stadium. Damn...light up the desert

They also sell the weatherpack connector setup at Summit here locally which is what I used on mine. I think it was around $20 for everything.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on me.

The weather pack connectors work great .We use them at work all the time.And you should be able to get a cap , so when the lights are unplugged you can keep the connector dry. shawn
    1COOLVX

Awesome, thanks guys, I will try Summit soon. I also lost a center cap last week () and I need to find another one. Maybe Summit will have one laying around.

Bart