Thread: new radio engine noise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

new radio engine noise

so i installed a dual 6425 deck over the weekend. i really like the built in hd reciever.

im getting some engine noise through the speakers. everything else is stock.

anyone have this issue after changing their decks? what can i do to shield the wiring if thats the problem.

You can try different power sources for the radio. Some of the 'hot' wires carry more noise than others.

You can try a BFC (Big Friggin Capacitor) from your hot lead to your ground. This should filter low frequency noise to ground. If it's an electrolytic capacitor, make sure you don't reverse the polarity.

You can try new spark plug wires - they are the usual source for noise bleeding through to your radio.

Most of the better retailers should be able to sell you a filer circuit if all else fails.

lol tom we dont have spark plug wires

i had this issue with my head unit too... i cant remember how dual head units work with grounding, but some head units ground through the mounts, so make sure that it is securely fastened in... i would also choose another ground.. biju showed me a very good ground located directly on the firewall behind the head unit there is a 10mm bolt there you can use to ground, that solved a lot of my whine issues

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Don't the spark plug wires run next to the carburator then down next to the manual gear shift cable???

i have kinda same thing with my head unit right now. I have line in in my head unit so i listen my XM radio and i have engine noise troe it. I dont have noise on anything else like cd or radio but as soon as i turn into line in the noise come it. I doesnt matter if my XM on on not the noise stil there. MOre RPM more noise. Anyone had something like that?

vlad, where are your aux in wires run? if they run near your power for your amp thats where the noise is coming from, try to run the wires for your aux in as far away from all other wires as you can, if that doesnt work some shielded rca wires will help... this is what i used for my aux input http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status=

Make sure your aux source (XM, iPod, ...) is well grounded.