Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: General stuff...

Yeah, I know, the timing will probably be just right. BUT, I will say this, I do love the look of the regular M/Ts also....I will have to see them side by side to make a decision. I like the classic/simple look for my VX as opposed to some of the gaudy/cheesey sidewall designs on other offroad tires...but I digress, the flames on Biju's tires look seriously good on his Proton, I must say.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    You should hold off on those MT's until the BFG MT T/A KM2's are available...they are SWEEEEEET! They have a tread pattern very similar to the Krawlers.

Quote Originally Posted by biju View Post
    go forth with the 'upgrade' to stock pads and get back to us. i'm interested now...

-biij
    I will most certainly report back. I am hoping for the best. I also wonder if my current brake setup has caused my ABS module to flake on me, or if that is just heredity.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I have seen his setup first hand in fact. His lift is HIGH. I don't really want to go up that much. I would be happy with an inch or so,
    Bart
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascinder View Post
    The Easiest way to add an inch though(by far) is just to throw in a set of 1" poly spacers and call it a day. Although it is more spendy. You could lift it in under an hour this way-super easy.

I didn't know he went up that high.

The 1'' spacer method is what I meant.
    Last edited by cyronman : 10/27/2007 at 09:19 PM

Hey Bart...did you see my reply the other day, about your Mata??? Did you get him? How does he look? Take my advise...the big buggers can be difficult...not a beginner herp....but not HARD,hard either. Just a bit to set up, and get settled.

Hey, I just replied. Since the server update, I am not getting emails when threads I am subscribed to are replied on. I probably need to check my settings. Anyway, see my reply, and let me know if you have any more pointers...

I'm so excited! I'll post pics of the turtle next week!

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Hey Bart...did you see my reply the other day, about your Mata??? Did you get him? How does he look? Take my advise...the big buggers can be difficult...not a beginner herp....but not HARD,hard either. Just a bit to set up, and get settled.

Bart,

The SP's came out to +/- $450 shipped, so it's a pretty hefty investment. I had heard some concerns about the R1 rotors from a couple of people here (yourself included), and I read some good reviews about the SP's so I decided to jump in. I will also be upgrading the brake lines when I install the rotors, so I won't be able to give you a direct comparison against stock rotors.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

Cool, my pads are on the way. Should be here this week. Then I will have to find the time to get them installed. Hopefully sooner than later.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by MSHardeman View Post
    Bart,

The SP's came out to +/- $450 shipped, so it's a pretty hefty investment. I had heard some concerns about the R1 rotors from a couple of people here (yourself included), and I read some good reviews about the SP's so I decided to jump in. I will also be upgrading the brake lines when I install the rotors, so I won't be able to give you a direct comparison against stock rotors.