Thread: Pillar Badge

Pillar Badge

I just got a sample image of a pillar badge from the jetski detailing guy. He was concerned about the difference in font on the red part. Comments ???

I think we need a little more spacing between the letters. Comments ???

I wasn't too wild about the gold tinge to the chrome on the top graphic but thought the center graphic looked pretty good.

Thanks to etlsport for providing the original for me to scan. I'll give it back to you with the rim.

I don't have any estimates on the price yet but I should let him know a rough estimate on quantity so he can price them. How many of you would be interested if the price is right?

Tom

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to import the image from the gallery into the thread. Anyone care to enlighten a confused Tennessee boy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

i was just wondering about this the other day

the font change is pretty drastic, not sure why he did that?

here is the photo from your gallery... you have to find the image location (its in the copy and paste url) and then put it between [img] tags

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

Yeah, I tried that but my 'puter wouldn't let me cut or copy what I highlighted. It's pr'lly a setting on my system since we aren't given admin priveleges to our own desktops. I'll try it from my laptop sometime & see if I have better luck.

Peter said in his email that the font on the red portion was different than anything he could find so this was the closest match. I'll let him know that he should keep looking or try a different approach.

Thanks for the input.

Will these vinyl graphics be flat, or three-dimensional like the stockers? Just curious what's possible with current vinyl graphic technology.

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    I kinda like the 'new' font. But, either way....they are sweet.
    *VX CHIC*

They'll be flat but with shading, will look 3D. The plan was to come up with an inexpensive alternative ('sides, we've seen how well the mylar stuff holds up). If they come out nice enough & priced right, I'm sure we'll find other uses besides the pillar (maybe covering up the crack in your hood insert - LOL).
    Last edited by tom4bren : 10/31/2007 at 01:30 PM

A big one for the hood insert..the size of the ironman logo...or could be used on the back were the old suzu logo went...or for dash..or centercaps... or for my laptop case...or for the back of my laptop..or the top of the windshield..or the back of my leather jacket..or the back of the mirrors...or on my chihuahua....sorry I was in the groove...hehe

kool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]...

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    the font change is pretty drastic, not sure why he did that?
    Yeah, but the absolute size of that feature is pretty small. It was difficult to read on the original. So, although it might not be totally OEM, I think it looks somewhat better.

Is there a ball-park cost for these, yet? He's in Canada, isn't he? He better start selling them QUICK while our $US are still worth something...

"Is there a ball-park cost for these, yet? He's in Canada, isn't he? He better start selling them QUICK while our $US are still worth something..."

NYET. Maybe we should ask if Tone wants to distribute & do a large purchase - just in case.

"A big one for the hood insert.."

Peter told me that a 4' x 4' sheet of the carbon fiber look would be about $280 to cover the hood insert but that it would hold up to that environment quite well.

I asked Peter to fab up 4 prototypes for me (2 sets of 2). He indicated that I should have them in about a week. He didn't give me a price yet. I won't ask for volunteers yet (wait till I have them in hand & know the cost) but both sets will be available since I'm debadged & want to keep it that way.

I'll keep you posted.

Peter got sidetracked but he's back on line. He sent me a new image (it's in my gallery). I'll let you know when he sends me samples.

got the original back a couple of days ago, thanks tom

De Nada. Thanks for the loan. Now it's suitable for framing.

I haven't been on here in quite some time and need to get back in the VX groove.

Am I understanding correctly that someone is developing a vinyl of the VX logo to use for... lots of things?

If so I'm down for one...or more
    ---------

Ty

Update - still not showing up on the website. I'll contact him again after the holidays to see what the forcast is.