Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    I barely rode my motorcycles (plural) this year because, when it came down to it, I wanted to enjoy the VehiCROSS.
    I agree, so much in fact a guy should be buying my bike tomorrow.

The reason some of the VX's are for sale are because of people like me and my situation. I had my Ironman for quite some time, my Dad really wanted it so I made a deal with him... If he could find a Proton for me and buy it, we would trade. And that is exactly what we did. He gave me the money to purchase my beloved Proton (which is more loved and cared for than it ever could have imagined ) which is used for what it is meant to do...well eventually when Moab comes around..., and my gorgeous Ironman went to my Dad who treats the Ironman like a queen. The Ironman is pretty and polished 24/7. So I guess the answer you are looking for is simply some VX's are sold so more obsessive family members can be added to the VX community and help save this dying breed.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!
    Well my input is this....
    I wanted a VX since they first came out at an auto show but couldn't afford it till last year. I absolutley LOVE the vx, other than the problems I have with it, but it still makes me smile when it comes right down to it. BUT for me its not practical at all, though I try to make it. I've looked at the murano, fx35, etc but deep down I know if and when I purchase something new I will be completely heartbroken. The vx is definitely a beloved/fun car, but practicality is becoming more of what I truly need as my life grows......
    *VX CHIC*

And there quite possibly could be hundreds of VX owners out there that don't know/care about the forum, but enjoy their VX just as much and will keep it as long as possible.

Now all we gotta do is find'em and MAKE'em join us here

pffft.

My VX will never be sold. Period. It's getting on 70,000 now and I figure in about another 10,000 it'll be getting a total spit and polish and a really nice car cover since it is going to become a pampered weekend baby.

I've loved her since I first set eyes on the concept and prayed they made the car.

She's paid off and it would be of no use to me to get rid of my dream SUV. I will have other cars, but the VX won't be going anywhere. Such a rare thing is amazing for me to be able to own for the cheap 17 grand I paid 4 years ago.

There are few cars that I find as unique and lovable as the VX.

As I become more environmentally minded, I'll get a nice gas-sipper for practicality get the wife a nice car that works for the kids and drive the VX when I want some fun or need the extra HP.

I do understand those that need the cash, but at some point unless it really takes off as a collectable, the value of having this rare girl FAR outweighs the few thousand I will be able to get for her in a few years.
    macintosh man

I'm with technocopy. I wish I had some additional parking space for a gas-sipper though.

-- John
    John Eaton
    Original Owner
    2001 Proton Yellow #580
    Atlanta GA

http://wildtoys.com/vehicross/
    http://vehicross.blogspot.com/

"Metaphors be with you"

I will be honest, I have been considering selling mine.

I will ONLY sell to a member here though. I dont trust just anyone with the money to take possession. If and when it happens, it will be posted here.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

I made my wife wait entirely too long for her Proton. We three anticipate a long and happy life together. I can't imagine a better set up than the Proton with matching SeaDoos behind & my beautiful wife in the passenger seat. I can live with the gas mileage since the VX is insured for PLEASURE use only.

'Sides, I have to maintain my reputation for keeping vehicles WAY beyond their useful life (case in point - 93 TLC still in use with 1/4 million miles on it).

I just need to start designing the hoist mechanism to lift my sorry arse into a lifted VX when I get old & feeble (sp?).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Fun to drive but a pain in the asss at the pump!

Can't wait to sell mine and do other things with the money I save!!!

As far as getting attention with my car... I got over that need years ago. I want utilitarian but frugal on the gas.
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

huh?

sorry, I get the message here about people selling their VX's etc etc etc..., but don't understand the title of this thread....?? what is the english translation?

This is turning out to be a funny thread.

I got $8000 left on my VX note. As soon as it is paid off, I will buy another vehicle that is good on gas for commuting. The VX stays in the garage. There is no need to sell such a beautiful, one of a kind vehicle if I don't have to.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by VX4EJR View Post
    sorry, I get the message here about people selling their VX's etc etc etc..., but don't understand the title of this thread....?? what is the english translation?
    Why is the VX community breaking down? Why are the fans of the VX leaving us? Why are so many people in this fine VX community leaving us by selling their VX's, never to look back again?
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Why is the VX community breaking down? Why are the fans of the VX leaving us? Why are so many people in this fine VX community leaving us by selling their VX's, never to look back again?
    Yes but the exact title reads : "Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us." Two problems are this is a question and should have a question mark and "living" is probably supposed to be "leaving". Yeah the title makes no sense as it is, but we know what was intended and the subjects of the replies supports this.

I believe the intended title would read : "Why are the Fans of the VX Community LEAVING us?"

As for me I have thought about selling the VX especially after spending $4k on the transmission but each time I drive it and people stare or give it nicknames like the moon buggy or the halo car it just makes the car worth hanging onto.

Is this anybody's on Ebay?

its member vicenteclark... he/she registered in '04 and never posted.. (looked up the vin #)

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"