Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us.

The following two statements just about cover my thoughts regarding my own VX. Although unlike nfp, I don't think the Porsche 928 I want to purchase once the VX is payed off will be all that great for mpg's. I have another car that I bought new quite a few years ago, (for pretty much the same reason I bought the VX - I just liked the styling ) that gets decent mileage, so that one will most likely turn into the daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    I got $8000 left on my VX note. As soon as it is paid off, I will buy another vehicle that is good on gas for commuting. The VX stays in the garage. There is no need to sell such a beautiful, one of a kind vehicle if I don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    As for me I have thought about selling the VX....but each time I drive it and people stare or give it nicknames like the moon buggy or the halo car it just makes the car worth hanging onto.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBeast View Post
    Yes but the exact title reads : "Why are the Fans of the VX Community living us." Two problems are this is a question and should have a question mark and "living" is probably supposed to be "leaving". Yeah the title makes no sense as it is, but we know what was intended and the subjects of the replies supports this.

I believe the intended title would read : "Why are the Fans of the VX Community LEAVING us?"
    Thanks, Teach. And I thought I was anal!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    just thought i would add my 2 cents on this since i think i might be added to that category again soon...i was for a short while, then changed my mind, but im leaning back the other way...i found a gorgeous 02 wrx with about 10-15 in upgrades for 14,500...the way i figure it, maybe sell whats left of my vx for like 3-4k....that will give me enough money for the down payment on the wrx...it just makes more sence..around the same gas milage but i get turbo, 4 doors and probably more of a dependable car in the long run ...i dont have much faith in the vx reliability considering the amount of vx's going up for sale as blown motors exactly like mine...........
    jack

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by circmand View Post
    Most are duplicates and the poster is illiterate. Whoever is the poster should be eliminated from posting. I bet it is a car salesman trying to sell some of the VX's on the site. He should at lest lesrn to spell
    I don't know where you tried to go with that? But thank you for Calling me an "IDIOT", don't know why some1 would say something like that for no reason, but really thank you. pffffffff. oh and the bottom sentance goes to you too.

Quote Originally Posted by VX4EJR View Post
    sorry, I get the message here about people selling their VX's etc etc etc..., but don't understand the title of this thread....?? what is the english translation?
    and about my spelling I'm sorry I'm not from here, I'm Coasta Rican, but i know every1 with a logical mind can come up that i missed spelled it wrong, and brush off the bad spelling and post their opinion with out trying to make some 1 sound like and "IDIOT".

But hey, all i wanted to do is talk about an important subject involving not just our fellow VX's but our VX family as well, and i was a little sad to see some great fans just "leave" us. I will never sell my VX, what is a few grand gonna give me back in return. I think keeping a rare beautiful vehical is more important then just a down payment for a new car that in just 1 year or less will blend in with the crowd. or extra cash that will be blown away and u will probley never see it again or u just didn't know where the cash went. I hope the new VX members will turn like us and love the VX for what it is no matter the problems it will bring in the future. And every year that passes by the VX just gets better and better. I Love My VX and thats it, will never get rid of it, unless a life depeneds on it, thats all.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Fun to drive but a pain in the asss at the pump!

Can't wait to sell mine and do other things with the money I save!!!

As far as getting attention with my car... I got over that need years ago. I want utilitarian but frugal on the gas.
    Thanks, Dino.

It's owners like you that made muscle cars affordable to the little guys like me back in the 70s. I acquired my worn out Torino Cobra in '76 when everybody was jumping ship for 4-cylinder imports. It was my daily driver for 15 years. It more than earned it's place in my garage.

In 1993 it was "retired", and I started driving the old '82 Mustang GT every day. In 1998 I lent that to my daughter and drove a Lincoln Mk8 LSC, until I traded that in on the VX. SOOOO, the VX was my first "economy car". I never calculated gas mileage, and never will. (OK, it's been ~17 the last 5 tanks.)

I drive what I like, and I like the VX. There is nothing to compare. I did shop around for a REAL economy car last year, but then started working from home more than commuting. Didn't make sense to buy another car. Plus, I never found anything that tripped my trigger like the VX.

Will I ever sell my VX... maybe. But, like WormGod, it will be to someone who truly appreciates this fine automobile!
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

Quote Originally Posted by Y33TREKker View Post
    The following two statements just about cover my thoughts regarding my own VX. Although unlike nfp, I don't think the Porsche 928 I want to purchase once the VX is payed off will be all that great for mpg's. I have another car that I bought new quite a few years ago, (for pretty much the same reason I bought the VX - I just liked the styling ) that gets decent mileage, so that one will most likely turn into the daily driver.
    Well, you see, this is actually a "problem" for me too. Right now, between my wife and I, we have the VX and that's it. I want to keep the VX as a collector car and buy something more "green" to commute in. But when it comes down to it, I am faced with the following problems:

1) Within the next few months, I should be the proud owner of my "other" dream car, a XB Ford Falcon Coupe. As for gas consumption, I better stop thinking about it and just deal.

2) My wife wants a car. You know what she wants? A Porsche 928 or 968. Not exactly green either, or at best, not cheap to maintain. Of course, it would be nice if she wanted a practicle commuter car, but I can't blame her when she says, "why can't I have a cool car too". So, if things go right, I will have a fleet of black vehicles consisting of my beloved VX, a black on black Falcon "Interceptor" and a shiny black Porsche 928 or 968. Two people, 3 cars. At this point a practical commuter car will be a moot point.

3) And oh yeah, I shouldn't forget about my black 2000 Xterra that is still sitting in storage with a blown motor in Chicago...

Bart

EDIT: PS - You only live once, why drive a Tercel when you can drive a VX? (or a Porsche or a Falcon?)

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    ...i found a gorgeous 02 wrx with about 10-15 in upgrades for 14,500...and probably more of a dependable car in the long run ...i dont have much faith in the vx reliability considering the amount of vx's going up for sale as blown motors exactly like mine...........
    jack

I sold a gorgeous '02 WRX with $15k in upgrades to buy my first VehiCross.
    Just a hint, those of us who actually shoved that much $$$ under our hoods didn't exactly drive like grannies.
    I figure that my 50k mile WRX had about 10k left on the tranny. It was a repair looking for a person to pay it.

See my post in General. I'm sickened that my VXs are gone. They were the perfect vehicle for 90% of my driving up here.
    But the decision to sell them came down to two very critical needs:
    No VX can touch my Duramax when it comes to hauling building supplies or 500g of water. So there goes the Dragon...
    No VX is as fast and safe as the ML55 for the new baby, so there went the Ironman...

Oh well, at least I took pictures of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    Fun to drive but a pain in the asss at the pump!

Can't wait to sell mine and do other things with the money I save!!!

As far as getting attention with my car... I got over that need years ago. I want utilitarian but frugal on the gas.
    Good luck to ya.....I see a Honda Civic in your near future my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    just thought i would add my 2 cents on this since i think i might be added to that category again soon...i was for a short while, then changed my mind, but im leaning back the other way...i found a gorgeous 02 wrx with about 10-15 in upgrades for 14,500...the way i figure it, maybe sell whats left of my vx for like 3-4k....that will give me enough money for the down payment on the wrx...it just makes more sense..around the same gas mileage but i get turbo, 4 doors and probably more of a dependable car in the long run ...i don't have much faith in the vx reliability considering the amount of vx's going up for sale as blown motors exactly like mine...........
    jack
    YOU TRIPPIN'!!!! Serious....a WRX with anything in upgrades is a wrung out, stomped on econo box with delusions of grandeur. In this playground, any bolt on is promptly "stomped on" upon instillation. Also, this thing tends to be a kiddie car, meaning, any "upgrades" were likely bolted on by the owner and his friends.....meaning.....you are buying 3000 pounds of PAIN IN YOUR *** AND POCKET assuming you can fix it Trade out if you want, but that is not the answer. Build your own hot rod if you want ...never buy someone else's . Does it have waste gates(popoffs)? If the answer is yes...your answer should be no.
    Last edited by Chopper : 11/05/2007 at 05:55 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    YOU TRIPPIN'!!!! Serious....a WRX with anything in upgrades is a wrung out, stomped on econo box with delusions of grandeur. In this playground, any bolt on is promptly "stomped on" upon instillation. Also, this thing tends to be a kiddie car, meaning, any "upgrades" were likely bolted on by the owner and his friends.....meaning.....you are buying 3000 pounds of PAIN IN YOUR *** AND POCKET assuming you can fix it Trade out if you want, but that is not the answer. Build your own hot rod if you want ...never buy someone else's . Does it have waste gates(popoffs)? If the answer is yes...your answer should be no.
    LOL, well said Wayne! Kinda like a litmus test for automotive common sense, like rear wings on FWD cars.
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Black View Post
    LOL, well said Wayne! Kinda like a litmus test for automotive common sense, like rear wings on FWD cars.
    so true Joe..

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Good luck to ya.....I see a Honda Civic in your near future my friend.
    I don't think so... been there once already!
    Sold the VX 11-21-07. It was fun while I had it!
    Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    EDIT: PS - You only live once...
    'Nuff said.....

Lots of negatives

we need to look on the bright side

rough ride and tough to get in the back seat? No one asking you to be designated driver.

No room for kids? Hey no room for kids. Let the wife transport the kids.

Too many blown motors? Spare parts for those of us who take care of our VX.

Gasmask,

"Two people, 3 cars. At this point a practical commuter car will be a moot point."

I feel your pain. We are a 4 driver, 6 car family but we have another driver coming up next year. So 5 drivers with 1 spare car seems like a reasonable mix to me. BTW, it's 4 Mitsu's, a Toytoter & the beloved VX (also a nice mix of green & towing/hauling).

Cobrajet,

"I drive what I like, and I like the VX"

Copyrite that - it's our new mantra!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.