Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
Wait, you recommended the 4BD2-TC as a good swapper before, didn't you? That was part of my basis for posting that link; what did you figure out? It's just too heavy for the VX?

Funnily enough, I was looking for swap ideas for the CUCV and stumbled upon that link, referenced it here, and what do ya know, the only other CUCV/VX owner is the 1st to notice! Do ya think the 4BD2 is a decent candidate for the CUCV? I have a 700R4 that I think will bolt up although it is a 2wd unit so I would have to have a divorced t-case as well. My other choices are a Banks Turbo kit or perhaps a Cummins 4BT... Been leaning toward the Banks but thought I would check out some options. I'll have to change my screen name to IDon'tKnowWhatIWantEither!
Yeah, it's just too heavy for our torsion bar suspension. Great engine though, although the more I learn about the 4JG2 the more I like it. I mean, it's not like Isuzu makes bad diesels, right? Of course the folks in Oz are getting their flame-typing gloves on to skewer me about the 4JX1!

A while back I picked up a Silverado minus engine as a cab donor for my M1028 and it came with a freshly built 700R4. It's tempting but I'm going to hold out for Kodiak/Top Kick 5-speed manual, that way I get the best of both worlds. Once I'm done putting a flatbed on my Mack I'm hoping to finally do the cab swap on the M1028 and put it back on the road. Too many projects!