So, I had the front bumper cover (cladding) replaced on my VX because of an accident, it was done at an Isuzu dealer collision shop here in PA. The new cover they ordered, which was surprising readily available, came in but did not have that foam blocking thing that is attached to the inside lower middle section. Not to mention the shop removed and neglected to replace the foam padding that sits to the left and right bottom of the radiator behind the cover. Those two flappy foam things that run vertical on the ends of the radiator supports were still there.

Question is, what would you think those (now missing) pieces are supposed to do and are they completely necessary? I would imagine they serve as some very light impact resistance in the event a front collision occurs to prevent bumper debris or intrusion, etc. Other than that they just catch leaves and bugs. Should they be there or really not?

What kinda sucks is the new front bumper cover has some slight differences than my stock busted one; torx screw areas have some raised lines around them, the lower headlight areas sit differently and leave some gaps where the headlight gasket thing sits. I guess Isuzu clearly has another vendor that now manufactures parts from their original production when the vehicle was built. The front impact bar was replaced too, it was bent in half on the driver's side from the impact. Overall though, the VX is really a solid ride. The other guy's car had some serious front end damage that was double the cost of mine. It was a 2002 Honda Accord.

Any thoughts from the community at large would be greatly appreciated!