OK, been thinking about this for a while. The city of Elko, NV is about 4 hours away from Reno, and just over 3 hours from SLC.

North of Elko, I hear there is beautiful country and good camping around the Wilson Reservoir. South of Elko we have the Ruby Mountains, where we could also find some good camping.

So, I want to organize a VX meet. I think myself, CrnCnn, Ascinder and Zeus would (should) be down for a meet. Anyone else is welcome to join us. Boise is only about 4.5 hours away, Vagas is a bit of trek (about 9 hours) and then there is always Sacramento and the Bay Area folks who could make the drive. Fargo is about 18 hours away, not to bad , and there are also the Colorado folks only another few hours away. Anyway, you get the point, lets do it.

Dates: This is the hard part. I'm moving in late March or early April. My wife's B-day is at the end of April and I doubt she will want to camp on her B-day. May will be hairy also, with everyone going to Moab. So early March is a good option for me, but might be too cold still for some people. Otherwise, we could plan on June.

I am game for taking 1 or 2 days off work. So we could do a Friday-Monday trip, or something like that.

Anyway, lets get some thoughts together and see if this is possible.

Bart