Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where to find replacement CD Player?

Where to find replacement CD Player?

Finally got tired of the CD player not giving me my discs back. So I took it apart....
    I seriously doubt it's going back together.....
    Did a few searches on ebay and google. Does anyone have suggestion on where to find a replacement cd player? Or is it worth it to just change out the entire radio and build a block-off plate for the cd changer opening?

i have a cd changer for sale if you want it... 100 shipped, worked perfectly when i removed it

or you can just get an aftermarket cd player and put any number of things in the additional slot... i put an aftermarket cd/dvd player in the cd changer slot and a screen in the slot where the tape player was... seen aftermarket cd players in the top slot and cubby hole in the cd changer slot.. i thinkk someone has a speaker mounted in one of the slots too

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    or you can just get an aftermarket cd player and put any number of things in the additional slot... i put an aftermarket cd/dvd player in the cd changer slot and a screen in the slot where the tape player was... seen aftermarket cd players in the top slot and cubby hole in the cd changer slot.. i thinkk someone has a speaker mounted in one of the slots too
    I replaced it with a decent Kenwood from Crutchfield. The ability to play a single MP3 CD was more valuable to me than switching around redbook CDs. I've got a gaping hole in the lower console right now, that I intend to have filled with a cubbie as soon as I get a chance to pull all the plastic apart.

I'm still holding onto my original deck. I honestly don't know why. Is there really that high of value in having the original parts in it when you sell it, even if they're not working right?

funny, all the problems are the same!
    mine died a while back, tried to have it fixed by a professional engineer and he couldnt figure it out! good luck with that.

The stock stereo is pretty weak so I would just replace everything. Over the summer I got a killer deal from Best Buy (Alpine deck, $40 gift card, iPod adapter, and free installation) for just about $200. This setup didn't cost me too much but now I have a CD player, higher wattage radio, and a place to connect my iPod without having to use a wireless transmitter. Just a thought.
    06 Nissan Pathfinder LE - Storm Grey/Graphite - Westin Ultimate Bull Guard, PIAA 540 Lights, 35% tints, Nissan iPod Integration
    01 Isuzu VehiCROSS - Kaiser Silver/Grey, Westin Ultimate Bull Guard, PIAA 520 Lights, 35% Mirror Tints, Alpine CDA-9883 Deck, Kenwood KFC-1661S 3-way Speakers

Trust us---the factory POS is not worth saving nor is searching for a replacement. Go grab a new unit then take a small amount of joy in crushing the original system with the closest thing you have to a Louisville Slugger
    George, Cary, & Roxie the English Bulldog..''99 silver #1897

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car

Post Mine finally bit the dust

Well after 8 years my stock CD player finally bit the dust. I tried to change up on another CD and I heard this awful "Kak, kak, kak, kak, kak, kak,......". Stuck, stuck and stuck.

Years ago I bought a CD player from a member here and I tried to change it up. Installed, the receiver did not recongnize that it had a cd player. Okay, we took out my receiver and put the receiver that came with the replacement CD player - same thing happened. The replacement receiver did not recognize having the CD unit connected to it. WTH

#1 QUESTION: So what are we doing wrong? # 2 -Are we doing something wrong?

I thought I could go on without the CD player but Im having withdrawals.

Now, I think I would be happy with some I-POD hookup. I dont need anything top end.. I like things simple and I dont like to cut into my truck to fit new goodies.
    #3 Any suggestions for what I should do if I cant get the stock player to play?
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Anita, just get an aftermarket CD player and the cubby hole from a trooper or rodeo you can put a CD player in the top slot no problem, no modification at all, most new ones starting at like $100 will be IPod capable. If you want, let me know and next time I hit a scrap yard I will find you a rodeo cubby, they already have the mounting brackets built in so there is no fab work

"Engineers believe if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet"

The only problem with aftermarket players is they tend to rip themselves out of the dash jump thru your driver’s side window and run away. I’ve had this happen in 2 other tucks, it’s very annoying. The stock head unit actually isn’t that bad. You can buy an adapter unit that plugs right in to the cd changer plug on the back of the radio then get a stand alone DVD player to replace the changer. It looks good and you can put a lot of mp3s on a DVD.
    Cars designed by spreadsheets make sense. Cars designed by engineers make history.

I would not keep the stock player or replace it with another stock player. Just buy an aftermarket head unit with a CD player and use that. And if you have a MP3 player, get one with an audio in port so you just use MP3s and leave your CDs at home. Honestly, I haven't listened to my CDs in a long, long time...

Bart

I just got an Ipod adaptor for my stock stereo when the changer died, put in a cubby hole where the changer used to be, and have never looked back.

Got an old Ipod for under $100 and just leave it in the car all the time.

Fujitsu Ten

I talked to Merlin today and in passing while ordering the trooper cubby.. He suggested calling Fujitsu Ten at 1-800-237-5413... He said they have replacement/exchange players availible for a fee.. since I tore mine apart with tin snips.. I dont think they will want to exchange but someone might use this info.. good luck

Found this today.. for those that are interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Isuzu...spagenameZWD4V
    Last edited by Solitude : 04/15/2008 at 04:50 PM

Wink

I replaced my stock system with a Pioneer AVIC-N4 and installed a cobra CB where the stock cd player used to be. The radio and CD Player both were working great when I removed them. I was going to hold onto them but, if someone else really wants/needs either or both...make me an offer.

P.S.-- I removed the mounting brackets from the stock CD Player to use on my CB radio in order to mount it into the dash...so the CD Player would need your mounting brackets in order to remount into your dash. (easy job)
    Last edited by Jolly Roger VX'er : 04/15/2008 at 06:34 PM
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"If its fast and reliable, its not cheap;
    if its fast and cheap, its not reliable;
    if its cheap and reliable, its not fast."

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Talking Vx Cd Changer

I did replace both the cassette & the CD player.

On the upper slot i place in a kenwood cassette player w/remote & on the lower slot i place an digital EQ full DIN 10 bands,looks very,very cool.
    I also runned a full speakers wiring without touching the factory,the harness were left intact by just using a metra adaptor.Two 12" subwoofer (600watts each) & four 300watts three-way speakers each one was the complement along with an 6 CD changer unit,a 3.00 farads cap & two 550 watts four channel amps ALL ARE KENWOOD BRAND0

Years pass along when last i did this sort of job,usually for friends & folks.

I was kind of lazzy when i started,because it takes a lot of time doing all this,specially the wiring.but i split the job by doing a bit every weekend

I just installed a Kenwood KVT-512 7" flip-up DVD with iPod (in the glove compartment) interface tonight.

Install was straight forward using the Metra 70-7712 adapter. I had bought a lesser adapter off eBay that was supposed to work on a VCROSS, but a few contact pins were off. I was worried the whole time I was wiring, even after getting the Metra harness, as the stock vehicle harness does not have the universal wire colors for speakers +, -, etc., but this harness nicely fit the bill.

I am impressed with how a little extra amperage makes the stock speakers sound so much better.

No cutting of dash hole; used the mounts from the factory head unit; can't use the Kenwood beauty ring as our radio sit behind the dash hole, but I will cut a rubber membrane to fit over the outside of the radio before I put the dash on next time to mask the 2-3mm void all around.

The XM interface is due in next week, so it will all come out again for that, and I'll save my pennies for the navigation unit in a few months. After that, 6 1/2" rear speakers as they sound the most anemic in my VX.
    Bren Workman
    Gretna, NE
    (C) 402-312-1992

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]