Thread: Delivery time for new windshield????

Delivery time for new windshield????

The autobody place broke my windsheild when they took it out to do the body work. ( I had some nasty hail damage). The windshield will be replaced under insurance no problem, but they said the delivery time they got was 6 months!.

Does this seem right? Anybody here had a decent turn around for a new windshield recently? Is it that rare? (I doubt it) or is just the response time us Canucks get?

Cheers all.

VX Adopted Out. 2005 BMW 325CI & 2006 4Runner.

Kenny!

Kenny!

I have an extra OEM windshield...

Now, how do I get it to ya? PM me and we'll chat...

-biju.

He lingers -- happily -- in a new hybrid state of semi-hormonal adolescence and responsible self-reliance.

Well, for what it's worth, I asked at speed glass here in Olympia WA and they said they had 2 in the warehouse and could have it the next day. Now if your going for a OEM, that might be a different matter
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Kenny,

I just had my windshield replaced a couple of weeks ago, and it took the shop about a week to get it in. They might have been able to get it there sooner, but they where so booked up that they couldn't get to my car for a week. I made sure to ask about getting a windshield without the blue strip at the top, and the lady who ordered the windshield said that she had no problem finding one. I used NOVUS Auto Glass ( www.novusglass.com ), and they where very careful with my baby and finished in just a couple of hours.

Maybe theres some customs deal that is slowing the process down up there in the Great White North.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong, it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."
    -Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

That's nuts! I went in for a new one and they asked me if I wanted a tinted band or not (both in stock) and had it replaced within a couple hours. And if that can happen in AK, it can happen anywhere, I would find another glass shop.
    2001 Ironman Daily Driver... 3.5" suspension lift (OME912 springs and 1" spring spacer), ball joint flip, 1.5" front diff. drop, 33"x12.5 TrXus MT, 16x10 Eagle Alloy rims, Interceptor, PV muffler, K&N air filter, Alpine Supercharger, Bilstein shocks, and some trimming.

2000 Ironman Project LS-1 VX... very slow progress but someday....... ohhhhh someday......

Doesn't the VX share it's windshield with another Isuzu, like the trooper?

When I got mine replaced it was same day, but they put in a tinted one (orignal was with no tint) and with my hieght I found it awkward, so two days later they replaced it with a non-tinted one at no extra cost, so it seems the issue is O.E.M. or not as the only reason I can think of for the long wait.

I had mine replaced, they had both tinted and OEM in stock. Took them Less than 24 hours to pull it from the wearhouse and have it installed. 6 months sounds a bit bogus to me. I'm sure they can get one from somewhere, they are just not looking hard enough...
    01 VX Kaiser | Love it! Drive it! Mod it! MYVEHICROSS.com | VX-WIKI

Rancho RS9000X | VXC Shifter Plates | PV2 | Hella Micro DE fogs | Carbon Fiber Hood | AfterShock Skid Plates (front, rear, sides)

Yup, I've had two replaced due to rock damage and they were in stock ready for installation both tinted and non-tinted. Call around to some different auto-glass places, most can get just about anything. Heck, when I got the windshields replaced in my 37 year-old semi they were in stock!
    Over 20 years of Isuzu enjoyment...

Quote Originally Posted by So-CalVX View Post
    Doesn't the VX share it's windshield with another Isuzu, like the trooper?
    I thought it was the rodeo.. saw something in here about gettin one with the tinting on top..