Thread: ok the MODE Position Switch didn't work.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

ok the MODE Position Switch didn't work.

Ok, so I don't know what to do now. I bought the Mode position switch, it worked amazing and drove brand new, all the problems dissapered but didn't last more then a day, that the clunk came back when i drove up a hill. and ever sence then its been the same way. also when i hit a bump really hard the engine wants to turn off and stall. the wierd thing is, that i tried it after the install and drove around, went offroading on a test drive and everything was just dandy. I have spend like $1,500 already or even more on just trying to fix this issue. i have chance so many parts and sensors, and still i can't get it to work right. I even have thoughts of getting rid of her, but when i look out side and see her, i say i just can't do it, i really love My VX, but this is really killing me. I starting to think its the connectors on the mode switch but the one coming from the VX not the part it self, or theres got to be somthing loose in side my tranny. Please i really need your wisdom guys. I'm really stuck now and this dumb grimlens have beaten the $H!t out of me and i'm down, lol. No but really i need some help here, anything will help, and trust me i have searched it many and many times over, can't find what i need.

I needed to vent a little, sorry, . but Thank you guys though.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

I have no answers for you, Coastie. But I have to say, I think your written English is improving! I cruised thru maybe 90% of what you wrote this time! Good luck with your Rally-Cross. Someone mentioned before that it is possible to receive a faulty switch - maybe that new switch you got is no good.
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

oh great, a faulity switch. that sucks. but thanx for the complament Zeus , lol .

Quote Originally Posted by CoastieCosta567 View Post
    also when i hit a bump really hard the engine wants to turn off and stall.

I starting to think its the connectors on the mode switch but the one coming from the VX not the part it self, or theres got to be somthing loose in side my tranny.
    Well, the larger contacts are used by the starting system. They disable the starter unless the lever is in P or N. If those failed, I imagine it might cause the engine not to start, but it shouldn't cause it to die.

I will say that the mode switch is a real pain in the rump to get plugged in. I suppose it is possible that the cable is loose. I suppose you could pull the face off your computer and check that continuity is going all the way through to it.

I don't suppose it is dropping any codes?

Most common cause is a short in the main harness inside the front driver's side fender.

i really want to do something to fix it, so bad, buts it's really got me stuck right here. the VX now drives worse, like if the mode is not there at all, i know its not posible, but it really sucks now. yesterday i got under the VX and move the wires around and gave it a little tap to see if it would work and it did, but then it went back to it's crappy self.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Most common cause is a short in the main harness inside the front driver's side fender.
    I agree....harness issues. The fact so many things went bad at once, and the intermittent(on and off) nature make me think bad ground/ short somewhere. Listen to Tone, he'd know better.

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Check Anita's gallery for a pic of where to start looking at the harness.

2000 Ebony VX #263 ****** VX-2 My weekend car
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...s+frayed+wires

There are a lot of threads on the subject of fraying wires and harnesses. My problem was a harness which ran behind and below the drivers headlight. I can remember another owner with a frayed harness in the back of the truck. The thread above is one where many chimed in with possibilities.
    Anita
    2000 Ebony #263
    Original Owner- love her too much to part with her.
    AnitaProtich.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    I agree....harness issues. The fact so many things went bad at once, and the intermittent(on and off) nature make me think bad ground/ short somewhere. Listen to Tone, he'd know better.
    I think someone has already metioned the wire harness problem in a previous thread. Oh ya, it was me.
    http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12311

shawn
    1COOLVX

sweet, thanx guys, i'll go cheack it out. do u think i should call marlin is i can get this Mode replace for a new one, or it's just simply not the mode, and not worry about it?