Thread: Metal Floormats

WyrreJ
    VXer

2001, Black, VX, 0781
    Nashua, New Hampshire
    Joined Feb 2003
    98 Posts Post# 29
    how much price doesn't matter

Because you aren't going to buy them anyway! Sorry, couldn't resist. You just cracked me up with that...

why r u saying that is it cuz you dont have the money or do you need me to buy it for you

VX-King,
    While your offering, I'll take a set! (please, lets not murder this thread too)

'01, Dragon Mica Green NO MORE, 1393 SOLD
    Originally posted by WyrreJ
    how much price doesn't matter

Because you aren't going to buy them anyway! Sorry, couldn't resist. You just cracked me up with that...
    LOL. So true.

TDAWG--

Did you hear back from the shop lately about the metal mats?

Post Calling all Phoenix, AZ VXers!

Originally posted by Bantan
    I spoke to Tom at Legend5, he said that he would add this to his Development list. We can get a discount, but he has to first find the vehicle. They are located (in 914 East Osbourn Rd Unit 218)
    Phoenix, AZ 85014. The regular price for a set (2 front & rear mats) is $179, but for Our club/cult $159 including shipping. Maybe someone in the area can volunteer to get fitted.
    Gang,
    I just spoke to Tom at Legend5 again. He asked if there was someone with a VX that lives in the Phoenix, AZ area that will be willing to get test fitted for the Metal Floor mats. Tom sounds like a cool guy and would come to your location, it would only take a few minutes. He was also looking into getting them Anodized for a better stronger finish.
    If anyone can spare a few minutes please let me know or contact him directly. Tom's # is 623-393-9172
    The Bantan's Relm
    Gallery
    Myspace Page
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things we care about."

I stopped in at a local metal fab shop, and he wasn't able to make the mats because of the 'hump' on the passengers' side floor. I guess Legend5 already has the necessary tools. It's a shame to see this mod fade away...

Sorry guys,
    I haven't posted in awhile about the floor mats. Since I started working at PepBoys, I haven't gotten alot of things done that I would have liked to I give my boy a call and see what's up. since his shop is not far from work I'll see if he could do some fab work and see what happens. I'll post up once I get some answers.

Tony "TDAWG" Rodriguez
    99 Astral Silver 0889

Thanks Tdawg, you cheered me up

Well guys once again my impatience got the better of me.
    I found a diamond plate imitation PVC sheet and cut it to fit.
    I like them, but still hoping for someone to produce the real thing.

What do y'all think?
    Last edited by Bantan : 09/23/2003 at 07:02 AM

Sorry to everyone for not getting back to you all. I've gotten busy with regular work as well as Designs for some peeps. I got this weekend off so after the meet Saturday I'll give him a call and see if we could hook Sunday go down to the shop and see what we can come up with.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    What IS that module / hump under the passenger side floor? I did not peel the carpet back far enough because I didn't want to have to fight to put it back.

Cool Flip and Swap

Originally posted by paultvx
    Then what's the point in having metal mats? why not just go with a set of McNeil's Weathertech thick rubber mats? They have deep groves to hold water, slush, mud, and whatever else you track into your car.

A cool thing to do when its all wet muddy or snowy is:
    Take out your floor mats, flip them over and put them on the opposite sides of the car
    The oposite side is rubber and the knobbys that keep them from sliding around will hold a LOT of mud. & its easy to hose off.

Just a suggestion in the interm if your planning to get different mats.

I know this is an old thread but I'm really interested in getting some diamond plate floor mats. I remember the first time I saw the diamond plate floor mats. It was at HIN and I saw a killer WRX with it. I think it's a great mod cuz not only does it look good but it's much easier to get sand from the beach off of it.

So if anyone has any follow up from looking into getting some fabricated or if there are some existing ones that would fit please leave the info.

A quick note... I think it has been mentioned before... metal isn't so good when your shoes are wet and slippery or muddy and, uh, slippery.

Anyway, just a note. I know many people don't care about use-ability and go straight to appearance. Metal may look kinda cool, but may be kinda dangerous, too.

Just something to think about.

Thanks for the input Dallas. I figure come winter time I will either remove the diamond plate or put my all weather mats over them. So the only concern would be extreme rainy days or weeks like we in the midwest are currently enduring. I plan on it being more of a summertime mod.