Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty 4

Ok I'm addicted, and I haven't even finished the game. I don't wanna go to work tomorrow....I want to play this game from hell. Just got thru the plane part. Great game...sharpens all the reflexes

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Ok I'm addicted, and I haven't even finished the game. I don't wanna go to work tomorrow....I want to play this game from hell. Just got thru the plane part. Great game...sharpens all the reflexes
    I dont have anything to play it on other than a Nintendo DS. My comp has been down graded since my motherboard crapped out.

I've finished it, and I have some issues with the gameplay.

There are some spots where you can't win. Yeah, you can pick the guys off, but thet respawn indefinatly. All you can so is supress them and run for it.

C4 can not blow open any door or wall.

John C.

i love it, not as much as SOCOM but this game will do for now till the NEW SOCOM comes out next year for PS3. I have been playing it like crazy aswell, i beat it alreday and been playing as vetern, and also online. the only thing i don't like is the respawn, i like it till the last man standing of eather team or the team wins that round, it's more realistic and makes you play better cuz u don't want to die to early in that round and wait till next round, so make the game more addicting then respawning. but i love the graphics and the way the game was created.

Whats the Point of Living, if You don't go BIG.....
    Turning My VX Into Rally VX

I need a new PC. I really want to play that and Crysis...I just finished Orange Box...Portal was awesome.

Bart

I dunno, I was more impressed by Crysis. COD4 is merely OK for me. I think I actually prefer COD2. Maybe it's lack of cognitive dissonance, but there are so many things that seem so...silly...in COD4 and you get the feeeling that that wasn't the intention. It feels like the Sum of All Fears movie...where everyone seems to be acting serious, but taking a step back you start thinking how silly it all is. COD1+2 felt like WWII action movies. But there's something...slightly annoying...in COD4 to me. Nitpicks. Overall I like it.

Crysis on the other hand, it's like a really great summer bloackbuster. Predator. I guess that sums it up for me...COD4 was Ben Affleck trying to be serious in Sum/Fears...Crysis was Arnold fighting cloaked alien in PRedator. I liked PRedator a lot more... Just my 2 cents.
    THIS WE'LL DEFEND

Oh and all the Orange Box games are great. Portal is really, really great--worth the price of the box for that game alone.

Are any of you feeling really inundated with way too many games this season? I have a severe backlog that I can't ever see completing. Portal, ****MASS EFFECT***, Assassins Creed, COD4, Crysis...! I wish some of them were just crappy, to lighten up my gaming schedule, but they're all amazing, can't-miss titles. I never had time to finish Bioshock...in fact, I don't think I had time to play more than a couple hours into any of the games I bought the last couple years. But I'm addicted..! Developers, can you make more bland, derivative, crap games that will wean me away from gaming? I need my sleep. If you reintroduce an updated X-Wing or Tie Fighter sim (or brought back real flight sims in general)...I'm going to kill myself.
    Last edited by spaceCADETzoom : 12/06/2007 at 11:54 PM

cod4 in veteran is impossible.....try the sniper lvl at veteran...lol

I cant play shooters on console. Me and a gamepad just dont mesh well when it comes to needing quick reflexes. Hell, you should see me with Guitar Hero.... I look like a Les Claypool having a seizure. I simply suck. Make it a drivng game like Forza or DiRT though, and damn, somehow my reflexes define perfection.

I am doomed to Quake Wars: Enemy Territory on PC for now. I am a mouse-shooter gamer only.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by spaceCADETzoom View Post
    Oh and all the Orange Box games are great. Portal is really, really great--worth the price of the box for that game alone.
    ABSOLUTELY 100% TRUE. Portal is one of the most inventive games I have played in a while...and there seems to be hope that Valve with integrate the Portal gun into HL:2 or HL:3. HL:2 EP2's ending REALLY pissed me off...but I guess that is what they intended. Overall, awesome fighting the Stiders and I love that yellow Mad Max mobile they give you. GOOD stuff.

I want badly to play Crysis, but I am going to wait until the summer (I will build a new PC with SLI)

Quote Originally Posted by WormGod View Post
    I cant play shooters on console. Me and a gamepad just dont mesh well when it comes to needing quick reflexes. I am doomed to Quake Wars: Enemy Territory on PC for now. I am a mouse-shooter gamer only.
    100% with you Wormy. FPS games DO NOT belong on the console. I have NO IDEA how kids get used to it. My little brother can do it, inverts up and down and strafes and pwns. I can't do it. I'm still addicted to Counter Strike Source's Gun Game Mod. Turbo Gun Game with Deathmatch mod turned on is simply addicting. I love it. Gun Game is the best CS mod ever...

Right now I am in the middle of ICO on PS2 and I just finished Shadow of the Collossus. Both games are great. I prefer to wait a while and let prices come down for console games....

Bart

My wife just bought me a 360 for an early Christmas gift, so I am just catching up. I picked up COD2 for cheap and just finished it, my son and I enjoyed it. Not sure when I will pickup COD4 but I am sure we will. Sounds like Orange Box was good, I've been thinking of picking that up as well.

Already have lots of new games for under the tree for the kids, can't list here as he might see it!

Along with the 360 I got a 56" full 1080p TV, the XBox HDDVD and a new sound system - so am really enjoying the upgrade from the old 27" TV and Xbox. The game graphics are just amazing, but honestly the TV does such a great job of upsizing the old DVDs to 1080 that the different is noticeable but not by much compared to HDDVD.

Quote Originally Posted by ISCE View Post
    but honestly the TV does such a great job of upsizing the old DVDs to 1080 that the different is noticeable but not by much compared to HDDVD.
    I've been wondering about that upconverting business. Good to know it looks good...

Bart

the plane that u fly in and bombard the people with is the AC 130. i work on those in the Air Force, and call of duty 4 rocks

I was wondering why some people were so... soooo much better than others (and me) at RFOM and COD4 online and then I heard that some kids have this (there is another brand also), and then I tried one. It makes you a hero, and the single player game too easy. It can be used with all ps3 fpshooter games. I refuse to buy it for myself.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ps3-245810.php

That's pretty cool. I really don't understand why a keyboard and mouse can't just be plugged into a modern console system and programmed and used the same as on a PC.

The Xbox controller is one of the main reasons I never bought one. That controller absolutely sucks....

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by BD-VX99 View Post
    I was wondering why some people were so... soooo much better than others (and me) at RFOM and COD4 online and then I heard that some kids have this (there is another brand also), and then I tried one. It makes you a hero, and the single player game too easy. It can be used with all ps3 fpshooter games. I refuse to buy it for myself.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/periphera...ps3-245810.php