Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile track times

It's a lot of money... but it won't matter the first time you test drive it with the SC installed... mash on the petal and zooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm...!

I'm so anxious, I cant wait

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    (crossing fingers and holding breath)

What would be great, is if you were on the track with some of the people you ran against previously... just to see their faces when you do a good bit better than last time...

Thumbs down Sometimes I could just blow up my Isuzu dealership!

I can't believe it! All this anticipation for yet another let down! So the shop Northern 4x4 ordered my o-rings from my local Isuzu shop and guess what.... The dealership ordered 1 o-ring and tried to charge the shop $18.75 for it. The shop was like "So what about the other 5 o-rings", Isuzu replied "what 5 others, you only ordered one" The shop called BS and sure enough Isuzu looked back at their records and saw an order of 6 injector o-rings. Now the rings are supposedley on next day air to the dealership, shipping being paid for by Isuzu.

I want my VX! I went and paid it a visit in the shop and they put a chrome Alpine developments plate over the top of the SC and it looks pretty good. I just can't wait to get my VX back!

If you end up needing parts again, call St Charles and let them ship to your shop. Free shipping and the best price in the world

Well, went out to the track. I only got 2 runs in before it was rained out, and the results were, well kinda disapointing. I ran a 16.1. The Supercharger really makes it feel faster, but the gearing of the VX just won't let you go much faster. I bet that I will see a 15.8 next time after I get a few runs in. The superchartger gives it a lot more power which will be excellent on the offroad, it helps with the passing on the highway, the jump off the line, and it just feels a lot better driving (more power all the time) But the 1/4 mile gearing is just not there. I tried to adjust the interceptor to do better but with little effect. Oh well, I thought I would be running 14's at least, along with everyone else that has ridden in my car. But 3rd and 4th gears are sluggish in the 1/4. I was going 67 mph at the 1/8 and 87 mph at the 1/4.

Ah man, that's a bummer. Maybe the computer needs to get used to the SC?

Anyway, I'm sure you had the nicest SUV on the track!
    It must be fun to kick it down without getting a speeding ticket.
    Congrats on your new SC.

Go to Canada and get some 105 Octane ;-)

Michael

Spr Chrgr must be swweeeeeeeeeet!!!!

I thought the Interceptor was suposed to dramatically help with quarter mile track times??? do some fine tuning man....I knowyou can adjust it to do better!!!

Originally posted by BlackVX
    Ah man, that's a bummer. Maybe the computer needs to get used to the SC?
    Ya I thought the comuter needed to get used to it, but I have had it on for about 2 weeks now so I believe it should be used to it. Oh well, its still a ton of fun driving!
    Anyway, I'm sure you had the nicest SUV on the track!
    It must be fun to kick it down without getting a speeding ticket.
    Congrats on your new SC.

Go to Canada and get some 105 Octane ;-)

Michael
    The track just started carrying race gas at 104, 108, and 112 octane, whats the highest I could use, and still drive back to town on, any ideas? And hell ya its the nicest SUV on the track, in fact it is the ONLY one brave enough to be racing. Its funny, I race all sooped up muscle cars, and still come home with trophys! I love bracket racing

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    The track just started carrying race gas at 104, 108, and 112 octane, whats the highest I could use, and still drive back to town on, any ideas?
    Go as high as you want, it won't hurt anything.

Use the highest octane UNLEADED gas. Lead poisons O² sensors, and will clog the cat. Leaded gas also causes most fuel injected cars to run much richer.

John C.

Thanks for the input guys, so in 2-3 weeks I will go back out there and try some 112 out, see what it will do. I also need to find a new intake since I am still running the stock box from fender, and I think that is the main performance restrictor right now.

2000, Victory White, IronMan edition, #0329
    Try each of them ...

... too much octane can actually slow you down.

Higher octane does work better in high compression engines... however you risk pre-ignition and knocking.
    ~ ~ ~
    Van Eyes - slightly trimmed, Sylvania SilverStar ULTRA head lamps, Red (port) & green (starboard) 5 LED 'headlight horn' lights, PIAA silicone windshield wipers, K&N Filtercharger (in stock air box), MacNeil WeatherFlectors, Assorted cargo nets from previous vehicles, Optima red-top battery, Transmission Interceptor, 20 LED 'light tower' turn signals & brake lights, 18W PIAA W2 running lights, Trooper skid plates, Black Luverne step bars w/Tone's custom brackets

Too high an octane WILL slow you down. In addition to preventing pre- ignition, higher octane fuels burn slower and more completely. Too much octane for the amount of compression or boost, and the fuel can’t burn completely and thus can’t give off all of the potential energy. See any race fuel site such as Sunoco, VP or Howell for more details.

Our vehicles can benefit from about a 50/50 blend of 93 and 110 or 112 unleaded IF using a SC or NOS - the computer can and does adjust for this.
    Last edited by Tone : 08/04/2003 at 06:59 PM

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987
    Do you actually get into 4th gear before the end of the 1/4 mi?

Did you try leaving it in 3rd and making a pass?

Tone, is high 15s the theoretical best with his setup?