Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile track times

oooh....that's neat with the comp. imma have to do that. i guess my driving habits = "why does he wanna break me"

hrrmm...let me kno how much better the interceptor is...probably uses up more gas eh? hehe, but hey if it's quicker...why not get it! sorta like driving manual....a little....i miss manual...

i went to see if they could change tranny to manual buuuut they said NOPE 'cause of TOD...so i guess if i didnt want TOD i could do it. maybe they got somethin in japan for taht...'cause i've seen vx with manual...the rally ones i think. now THAT would be much more fun =)

Forgot to post my track times for last weekend...

With the interceptor installed I ran a lot better! My best time was 16.6, but all my runs tended to be better than before. My reaction times really improved, down to the .500's about 60% of the time, lowest being .509. I ran a lot more consistant every run and actually picked up another 2nd place trophy. Well this weekend I think that I will put the 18's on and see how I do. I hope to see 16.1 so we'll see. It's wierd being the only one out at the track with mud tires on, but man do a lot of people look at it out there, I probobally get about 20 people that come up to ask what it is. I just got my SC in the mail and will install in about 3 weeks JFYI.

Until Sunday.. late

Re: Forgot to post my track times for last weekend...

Originally posted by AlaskaVX
    With the interceptor installed I ran a lot better! My best time was 16.6
    What am I missing? Your very first run, before any mods, was 16.7, right? So 16.6 sounds like the same time (basically). I've never run drag so I'm not sure if I'm just being an idiot on this

No your right it's awefully close, but on the day that I ran the 16.7 records were broke so it was a great day for racing. I think that I could really pump up the line pressure to do better but I don't want to break anything. But with the interceptor I could definately notice that all the times that I ran I did better than usual. I think I only ran 1-17 sec. 1/4 compared to the usual 4-5 17's. These mods have not done much but I believe with the SC these mods do a lot more.

.1 is more than ya think on the track
    Last edited by AlaskaVX : 06/27/2003 at 04:06 PM

yes it is =)
    How you gonna stop me im ill-literati/ im like an ill-mariachi wit an automatic shotty/ like tony montana to yo body/ now you really dont wanna come and test me/ i spit verbal fusilades im headin crusades/ to weed out all the fakes like it was da salem witch trials/ yo @ss betta run or else you gettin baked at the stake/ and that'll put a smile on mah face/

'01 EBONY 1330 r.i.p. now '01 PROTON 0987

Removing 100 lbs. of vehicle weight will yield .1 sec decrease in E.T.

What were the trap speeds?

Went out to the track again this Sunday with the stock tires back on. I was thinking that it would cut a lot of time off but it was only a .1+ difference. My best run was 16.504. It was an import racing day and I entered in their main import race and made it to the semi-finals which is where I red lighted (bummer). But I still got $25 back out of the $35 I spent to race. 2 more weeks until the SC is installed!

Not sure what you mean by trap speeds, I finish @ 80+mph and reach the 1/8 mile at 66+mph

You may need to pep up the VX like this guy did for improved times....

http://fasttrackperformance.com/page.../ChrisTTGN.wmv

Wow! Must be nice.... and boxer staining.
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

Okay, been doing some research because this intrigues me. I ask because I'm on the fence about buying this from Tone and your numbers totally run contrary to the "at least 15 hp" claim.

I'm going to assume a base weight of 4250 lbs (vehicle + you + gas, fluids, etc), which would mean your 16.7 e.t. converts to a rear-wheel HP rating of ~ 180 hp. If you dropped the time to 16.6 seconds, that means HP of ~ 184 hp, a 4 hp increase from adding the muffler and interceptor. Does that look right? I know this isn't completely accurate, as your vehicle wasn't weighed at both races, and the e.t. method isn't exact.

15 hp would mean running about a 16.3 e.t. under similar conditions, and you didn't gain even a tenth with just the muffler installed, right?
    Last edited by IsuZOOM : 07/09/2003 at 05:06 PM

OK, I was running these times with mud tires and probobally an extra 150-250lbs in there also. Also it was not the same outside temp etc. Like mentioned before the first time I ran records were broke so it was a good day for racing. But about the "at least 15 hp" claim I don't really think so (but it sounds mean going down the track WOT). The interceptor could be used more efficiantly on the track by turning up line preasure, but I wanted to see the everyday driving change. The Supercharger is getting installed tommorrow, I'm sure that will make a differance

Very cool - who'd you find to install it?

A company called Northern 4x4. They are the same people who did Boarzheads 6" lift. They have one of the lowest labor rates in town so I went to them. They quoted me $621 for the install. I'm sure the price will probobally rise a little when I go to pay for it.

Had mine installed by a place in the Dallas, TX area. Quoted $600. Final price came out to $725 after having to replace a few items.

Thats what I am expecting