Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: the sign of a great vehicle

the sign of a great vehicle

I was just reading through my old blog posts and found one from the day after I bought my VX...

" but also this wekeend I got the car ive been dying for since i started driving (isuzu vehicross) so now i should be able to come down to MD more often, so hopefully ill be able to see people more too... im in a great mood after a great weekend"

I'm so much more enthused about the VX now than I was the day i bought it... what kind of car gets you MORE excited after 2 years? this is about the time most people want a new car!

Its not the fastest... Its not the biggest... Its not the most practical... but after almost two years of ownership i still wouldn't dream of replacing it

Yeah, I feel similar. I have had my moments when I felt lazy and wanted to go the Jeep route and not be creative. But man, I sure do like getting in the VX everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by etlsport View Post
    I'm so much more enthused about the VX now than I was the day i bought it... what kind of car gets you MORE excited after 2 years? this is about the time most people want a new car!
    That feeling hasn't changed after SIX years of ownership. There are probably more than a few owners who have owned theirs longer and still get excited.
    Gregg
    2001 Proton Yellow #1379

You mean like me, waiting for weekends to come around so I can park the WRX in the driveway and roll the VX out of the garage to go joy ride? Ya, I know the feeling.

She flipped 45k miles this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm skerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrred!!!
    Gary Noonan
    '01 S/C VX / '18 Forester XT

yea ill be down in that area starting monday the 17th til the 28th.. maybe ill see ya joy riding

I'm with ya man. I still can't think of any vehicle I would rather be driving! (except maybe a WWII German Half-track)

Long live the VehiCROSS!

Bart

Former owner of 01 Ironman #0723, 01 Dragon #0590
    For me, the greatest credit to the VX was the number of member/owners who had more than one of them in the driveway.
    I can think of quite a few here.

I've been a member of dozens of auto-enthusiast sites, and I can count maybe two or three other owners who loved their cars so much that they had duplicates.

Money is really the only thing that keeps me from owning a Foxfire as well as my Ebony.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach View Post
    For me, the greatest credit to the VX was the number of member/owners who had more than one of them in the driveway.
    I can think of quite a few here.

I've been a member of dozens of auto-enthusiast sites, and I can count maybe two or three other owners who loved their cars so much that they had duplicates.

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Money is really the only thing that keeps me from owning a Foxfire as well as my Ebony.

Bart
    WHAT?! That would be the one for your wife then right? Cuz we all know you won't drive anything that isn't black!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    WHAT?! That would be the one for your wife then right? Cuz we all know you won't drive anything that isn't black!
    Yeah, for her. I just like the Foxfires for some reason. I would still buy one and just park it and keep it....but don't get me wrong, another Ebony would be sweet too...

Bart

i'd love to pick up another vx

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Yeah, for her. I just like the Foxfires for some reason. I would still buy one and just park it and keep it....but don't get me wrong, another Ebony would be sweet too...

Bart
    I'm with ya, Foxfire is my 2nd favorite VX color, then Proton. As for a 2nd VX though... I think I would go for any color! With that said, I know I am not a lifer - there are too many options out there for new ideas and things to mod. I have too many vehicles already and can't afford to mod them all, much less, 2 VX's.

With that said, I know I am not a lifer -
    OK man, what exactly are you trying to say?

Bart, when my VX is paid off, I may be moving on... or I may buy a cheap daily driver and a donor +/- '94 Land Cruiser to swap the VX body onto the shortened frame (Solid axles, auto, V8, and selectable lockers out of the box - still researching). I have another 2 or 3 years to decide - and who knows what could happen in that time! I chose to buy a VX because I figured it was now or never, and I wanted to have one before they were all gone or falling apart. I don't regret it for a minute, nor am I ready to throw in the towel... I'm still having way too much fun with my 64,000 mile Zeus! Didn't mean to scare ya! Doing that much work on it though, is more of a dream than it is a reality, so who knows?!

Bart, when my VX is paid off, I may be moving on... or I may buy a cheap daily driver and a donor +/- '94 Land Cruiser to swap the VX body onto the shortened frame (Solid axles, auto, V8, and selectable lockers out of the box - still researching). I have another 2 or 3 years to decide - and who knows what could happen in that time! I chose to buy a VX because I figured it was now or never, and I wanted to have one before they were all gone or falling apart. I don't regret it for a minute, nor am I ready to throw in the towel... I'm still having way too much fun with my 64,000 mile Zeus! Didn't mean to scare ya! Doing that much work on it though, is more of a dream than it is a reality, so who knows?!
    Well, I guess I will except that answer...for now. I'm right behind you on mileage. I just rolled over 60k last week. And once mine is paid off, I plan possibly buy another vehicle as well. But, the VX stays!

I really want a Polaris RZR, so once the VX is free and clear, my next debt might be for a RZR.

Bart