Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab ZuZoo XI 2008

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnalVX View Post
    Yeah, right! Riding shotgun again I'm sure! j/k Gotta see you in the hot tub...

(LDUB, insert risque comment here)

Moab is the greatest! See you all there!!!
    Dude...I'm the BBIQ here, (big brother in question) what kind of freak show would post risque comments about his adopted little sister???

Waa ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ldub View Post
    Dude...I'm the BBIQ here, (big brother in question) what kind of freak show would post risque comments about his adopted little sister???

Waa ha ha ha ha ha ha.....

Soooooooo, What are you waiting for?
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Soooooooo, What are you waiting for?
    Thanks Billy...LOL

Thumbs up

Too funny... this group is the BEST! I can't wait to see everyone at Moab again. For those of you thinking about maybe going... DON't MISS IT! See you in May...
    The only thing we have to fear is fear itself... and zombies.

My VehiCROSS

Ummmm, I don't know the trails up there that well. That and the fact that I tend to get lost on trails I do know...4 hour trails become 12. However I do have a GPS now! If only I can figure out how to use it before May!
    LOL, I've had my Garmin for over a year now and I am only really starting to get the hang of it now. I will have it with me for the trip as well.

Bart
    Last edited by nfpgasmask : 02/04/2008 at 10:34 AM

Ummmm, I don't know the trails up there that well. That and the fact that I tend to get lost on trails I do know...4 hour trails become 12. However I do have a GPS now! If only I can figure out how to use it before May!
    Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    LOL, I've had my Garmin for over a year now and I am only [I]really[I] starting to get the hang of it now. I will have it with me for the trip as well.

Bart

Ya, last year I plugged in waypoints into my GPS from my Moab trail book. It worked like a charm. Well almost, I did miss a turn, but it was still a fun detour (though I did get a guy's diff bent open)

If anyone wants - I can post waypoints for a trail so they can plug em in before May.

ALSO, I thought fins 'n' things was a fun trail for the stock VX's.. eh CeCe? Some nice pucker factors...

Ken
    Last edited by Kenny : 02/04/2008 at 10:43 AM

F&T's is a fun trail...Hells Revenge minus the steroids!

First timer Q's

First timer has a few questions:

One of my friends owns an amigo (which is also my current 2nd vehicle) and he wants to go. Can he drive his amigo, can there be more than just VXs?

Also, this would be my first time for any kind of real off roading (more than my usual farm field off roading). I have a stock VX. Could I participate and expect my baby to be in just as good condition when its over?

I've read many posts here and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun, i just wanna make sure my baby will be in good shape if I take it out into the abyss lol I'm not really sure what to expect but I think Athlete has a great idea to get a CB, consider that part done. Good lookin!

Is the trail long enough where we would camp out along the way? Any other advice
    ---------

Ty

Are the CB and handheld radios compatible? in other words, I have some handhelds can we talk to those who have CB's?

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Are the CB and handheld radios compatible? in other words, I have some handhelds can we talk to those who have CB's?
    As far as I know, nada. CB and two-way radios (walkie talkies) do not work together....but I could be wrong.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post

One of my friends owns an amigo (which is also my current 2nd vehicle) and he wants to go. Can he drive his amigo, can there be more than just VXs?

Also, this would be my first time for any kind of real off roading (more than my usual farm field off roading). I have a stock VX. Could I participate and expect my baby to be in just as good condition when its over?

I've read many posts here and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun, i just wanna make sure my baby will be in good shape if I take it out into the abyss lol I'm not really sure what to expect but I think Athlete has a great idea to get a CB, consider that part done. Good lookin!

Is the trail long enough where we would camp out along the way? Any other advice
    My VX is basically stock, no lift, no skid plates, etc, but I am running A/Ts, which might have helped a little. I did Elephant Hill last year. VXIronWoman was 100% bone stock, iirc, and she did it too. You can expect to scrape here and there underneath, even if you are carefull. But its a blast and 100% worth it.

Bart

That said, I am thinking of a little lift up before I go this year...

Bart

Clint,

Looks like a handheld CB can be had for under $40 on eBay:

http://search.ebay.com/%2Fhandheld-C...pZ34QQsbrsrtZd

As always, check feedback and whatnot. I would go that route if you want to pick one up.

Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Clint,

Looks like a handheld CB can be had for under $40 on eBay:

As always, check feedback and whatnot. I would go that route if you want to pick one up.

Bart
    Who all is gonna have one and is it worth it to get if that really all I am gonna get it for?

I used to have one in my wrangler in High school and all I did was mess with the truckers.

Quote Originally Posted by CrnCnn View Post
    Who all is gonna have one and is it worth it to get if that really all I am gonna get it for?

I used to have one in my wrangler in High school and all I did was mess with the truckers.
    GET A CB!!

Don't hesitate. You'll be left out of a lot of fun chat and name calling (i.e. BUTTERS!!) - you'll also miss out on the best part of the "Todd Adams Tour" a definite must.

Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post

Most are welcome, however, as Todd said earlier - if the crew gets too large (>18 vehicles?) beyond what can go out as a "spontaneous" trail ride; we may have to make preference to VX's.

I'm sure Todd will pick a VX run that a stock VX can make it through (i.e. alternate routes around obstacles). However, I would suggest investing in some skid plates over the fluid pans - just in case...

Trail rides that this crew has gone on are typically over by mid to late afternoon. Enough time to S-S-S and go for drinks and food.

I'm also figuring that there will be those going on other rides thoughout the week with stock VX's with the easier trails in mind...