Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Moab ZuZoo XI 2008

Rules

So that everyone understands what is going on Tuesday, Here are the plans (without revealing where we are headed)
    1. Meet at Pack Creek Campground between 8 and 8:30 AM.
    2. Leave Pack Creek at 9:00 AM (Anyone who has been on one of my trails knows that I am very punctual and I will leave with out you)
    3. The trail will last most of the day so bring lunch
    4. The trail for the most part is on the easy side with one spot that may or may not give problems but there are options for the daring and or not caring to keep everyone happy.
    5. Barring any unforeseen problems we should be back to town early which means 4 to 5 PM.
    6. Wednesday starts “ZuZoo XI” and headquarters is still up in the air but I am sure there will be someone at Pack Creek that will know what is going on.
    7. If someone can find me a bottle of Sam Addams Triple Bock and bring it to Moab I will gladly pay for the service. Utah is one of those states it is not sold in.
    8. Speaking of which let me go trough a couple of rules I have while leading a trial and that everyone should follow anyway.
    a. No alcohol allowed by anyone on the trail. Period. Plenty of time at camp for that.
    b. Seat belts must be worn by everyone while the vehicle is in motion.
    c. Pack out more than you pack in.
    d. Stay on the trail and never drive over any vegetation or crypto soil.
    e. If you have not been to Moab before I will give a speech about the crytobiotic soil to stay off of both your vehicle and you. Remember the old saying “leave only footprints and take only pictures” leaving footprints is not acceptable any more on certain types of soil
    f. You will see Indian Rock Art. DO NOT TOUCH. The acids in your hands will accelerate their deterioration.
    g. If you want a spot ask. I will not offer unless you do.
    h. There is only ONE SPOTTER! Only pay attention to the one you trust and if someone starts to give directions if I am (other than watching where I can’t see) I will stop and walk away. Keep in mind I am a Professional Spotter and have been at it a long time but if you trust someone else that is just fine with me and I can not always be at the right place all the time so others need to help.
    i. You are responsible for the vehicle behind you. What that means is that you need to keep them in your rear view mirror all the time. The trail leader can only go as fast as the slowest vehicle and with everyone doing their job no one will take the wrong turn except me. This also means you should also try and keep up with trail speed. Also never crowd the vehicle in front. At obstacles, you need to stay within strapping distance until the vehicle behind you makes it up and then move on.
    j. There will be a test on this before we leave for the trailhead

If you would like a tour one day of Rock Art sites of the area I might be talked into taking some folks out.
    Todd
    Last edited by Todd Adams : 04/08/2008 at 01:18 PM

Sounds like it's going to be a Super Day! I can't wait.
    Peace.
    Tom

p.s.
    I'd like to check out that other rock art with you.
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    7. If someone can find me a bottle of Sam Addams Triple Bock and bring it to Moab I will gladly pay for the service. Utah is one of those states it is not sold in.
    Thanks for the reminder about bringing drinkage. I will make sure we pack accordingly.

Also Todd, I assume this is another trail that does not allow dogs, correct? I just want to be sure.

Thanks - Bart

Quote Originally Posted by nfpgasmask View Post
    Thanks for the reminder about bringing drinkage. I will make sure we pack accordingly.

Also Todd, I assume this is another trail that does not allow dogs, correct? I just want to be sure.

Thanks - Bart
    Nope, we are not going into one of the Parks. I had considered it but the trail I was thinking about I did 2 weeks ago with the family. We had 3 vehicles all of them with lockers and decided the hill was just not doable without some risky strapping in other words dangerous, for close to stock vehicles.
    So dogs are not a problem unless you don’t trust them next to overhanging cliffs .
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Adams View Post
    So dogs are not a problem unless you don’t trust them next to overhanging cliffs .
    Todd
    Wow, that's great. I felt bad about leaving her in the hotel last time...

Thanks! Bart

Former 00' Kaiser #0804, 98 White 4Runner SR5
    i apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this. but is everyone staying at pack creek? or are some staying at portal?
    mainly, where are the campers with dogs staying?
    tom where are you staying with your dogs? (i think i remember you having 2 dogs).....

Quote Originally Posted by pbkid View Post
    i apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this. but is everyone staying at pack creek? or are some staying at portal?
    mainly, where are the campers with dogs staying?
    tom where are you staying with your dogs? (i think i remember you having 2 dogs).....
    I think all this depends on when you are getting there. There is quite a group staying at the portal.

Follow this link for more info....

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12761

Pot Luck Dinner Tuesday

OK here is what we are going to do.
    We are going to host a pot luck dinner at Pack Creek Campground on Tuesday evening. Everyone is welcome and invited including the non VX ‘ZuZoo bunch. This was Giggling Grammys idea. If you don’t know who she is follow this link http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97775203170725 We are going to provide the Hamburgers, Hot Dogs and buns BYO vegetarian burgers because Linda and I are not vegetarians but we do not want to offend or exclude anyone. You guys are going to provide the rest of the stuff. Salads, veggies, fruit, tomatoes to slice, chips, paper plates, onions to slice, Deserts, Drinks (alcohol approved if you have a designated driver ) otherwise coke, sprite , Apple Beer etc. and anything else you want to provide.
    There is a small pavilion at Pack Creek that should fill our needs but we can spill out to our campsite as well as others in our groups that are staying there. I will have a small grill but it would help if others have one or two or three that we could utilize otherwise you might have to wait.
    I think this will be a great opportunity to get to know each other and mingle the evening after our VX run. We are also going to do awards and prizes associated with the days run. Tests will be graded and driving ability judged to determine the winners. Everyone is expected to be present. No awards or prizes will be awarded to absent participants. Must be present to win!
    Oh there is a 10 PM quiet curfew but since there are early trails the next morning this should not be a problem. This will be strictly enforced.
    Please respond with what you are going to bring so we don’t have a lot of duplicates.
    Last edited by Todd Adams : 04/09/2008 at 04:08 PM

Thumbs up

Sounds like a great idea! I will bring paper plates and forks.

PBkid, I'm staying at the Portal. They do allow dogs and they have a lot of room with a couple of ponds for your dogs to go romping. I'm leaving Champ at home this year.

Peace.
    Tom

Sounds good Todd. I will bring catsup, mustard, lettace and tomato's.
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

I shall bring chips. Does anyone have a prefrence?
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

I have a Weber Baby Q I will be bringing, so we can use that. I will bring some drinks and other food stuffs, dogs, sassiges, etc.

Sounds fun.

Bart

Would everyone please do me a favor. I would like you to send me your real names. Just first is OK so we can associate you with screen names. I am going to make up name tags among other reasons. If you are shy about sharing on line then send me an E-Mail at toddgadams@msn.com. If you would include how many times you have been to Moab 'ZuZoo and if this will be the first time for you as well as all passenger names.

What would be even easier to track for real names and what you are going to bring to the pot luck just go to Billy’s first post and put this info in your comments.

Thanks,
    Todd

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Cool

New info. in the comments section...I'll bring some extra fine pineapple brats & some garlic sausage from one of the local purveyors of deceased animal flesh...:_drool:

Also the corresponding breadwear for said links.

And some of that beer you were talkin' about.
    Last edited by Ldub : 04/10/2008 at 09:11 PM

1999 Ex-Ebony..Fully Line-X'd ..0189...THE "ORW".....matching Line-X'd Trailer made from a written off 2001 Ebony.
    I filled out the comments too.....

Will bring BEANS

jo
    VX.info...PLEASE SUPPORT THIS SITE WITH YOUR VOLUNTARY $20 DONATION...
    Absolutely the best $20 you'll spend per year on your VX.

~ ~ > OFF ROAD WHORE <~ ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]