Thread: Moab ZuZoo XI 2008

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tysamigo View Post
    First timer has a few questions:

Also, this would be my first time for any kind of real off roading (more than my usual farm field off roading). I have a stock VX. Could I participate and expect my baby to be in just as good condition when its over?

I've read many posts here and it looks like a hell of a lot of fun, i just wanna make sure my baby will be in good shape if I take it out into the abyss lol I'm not really sure what to expect but I think Athlete has a great idea to get a CB, consider that part done. Good lookin!

Is the trail long enough where we would camp out along the way? Any other advice

Last year was my first year and I was bone stock except for a trooper skid plate which can be found used I bought new for 70 something. (bought as precausion just in case) I was on really and I mean REALLY bad tired and I did fine. I went to hotel rock 1st day which had a little more pucker factor than Elephant hill I did the next day and I must say you will be Amazed what these things can do. Yes TRUST your spotter and you will be fine. Even if you think you dont have control they can see more than you and you will be ok.

As far as camping no there wont be camping on the trail. Well as far as I know I only went on two of them.

hope to see you there.
    "It's not sexual harassment, I am just building up your tolerence"-Dumke

Do I even what to know???

Exactly how did this person end up in this situation? And some would wonder why I might not take to the off-road thing real quickly~~~

D.W.

Not to worry.....for every hard route there are different easier paths you can take. You don't have to take a hard one if you don't want to.

That picture with Billy was taken at Hell's Gate during ZuZu 2006. What you didn't see was Victor making a succussful run through Hell's Gate first, then me, an Izusu pick up truck, and then Billy.

Check this thread. http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=8822 There are a lot of great pictures our VXs and all the different slick rock around Moab. Enjoy and hope to see you out there.

Peace.
    Tom
    "Through Great Sacrifice..... Great Rewards Will Be Achieved"

I just wanted Larry, who was riding shotgun, to get a better look at that rock!:bwgr:
    I am one of those guys who likes to push the upper limits...not always a good idea to follow my lead!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)