Thread: Guess again!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EX-1999, Ebony, VX, #0562 - You Are MISSED!

Guess again!

Let me start out by saying how much I love my vx and all you guys!

But uh, well, my bf took me to look at some lexusmobiles because we are car fanatics, and well we love going to see whats out there in the world of BMWs (x6 comes out in March!), mercedes, etc. He, however, can purchase any car or cars he woud like, and me, well not so much. BUT with a few years behind us and the extremely rockin' love makin' ...he decides I indeed am up for a new ride! Say, the rx350. Pretty smokin' considering its a total soccer mom grocery getter but hey its got some performance there. With sad regret though, the VX may have to go. Knowing that, the lexus man decides to get me 3k for my vx. What?!?!?! Alright crack whore..guess again! If that is seriously what its worth, I would much rather keep my VX. I DO love it...ugh. Has anyone else heard of this disgust of such a low number to offer??? Uh I think not!
    Last edited by vxDAKINECHICvx : 01/04/2008 at 12:01 PM
    *VX CHIC*

All the time. The dealership looks at the VX as any other vehicle, and they want to make their $2K-$4K profit too. So offering $3K is normal, as they will try to sell it for $7,995.
    The VX is a special truck, and you either love it or hate it. Most of my friends won't give a dime for it as they think is ugly.
    But what do you expect to get for an 9 year old vehicle? Let's face it...you VX is a 1999. Mine is a 2000...8 years old now!
    I do expect the value of VXs to drop significantly in the next few years...So for us, proud owners, we better keep them!
    Daniel

Never, ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever, ever trade in.

Also - Never, ever, ever, never, ever, never, ever, ever shop for a car when you NEED it.

Take your time selling & take your time buying or you'll end up taken for a ride (& not the good kind).

Pops had a good phylosophy. He'd car shop & have them make an offer for the trade in. He'd then walk away from the deal & sell the trade in to one of us kids at what the dealer offered (a sweet deal for us). Finally he'd go back to the dealer & pay cash for the car he wanted. Smart man. Too bad there was a stiff wind blowing when this nut fell from the tree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Put a smiley after you say that Bub.

Always pay cash for a car!!! NEVER trade a car!!! What he gives, he may some day take away. He wants to buy a RX 350 (zzzzzzz) for ya....fine....the 3k won't matter to him...right? Keep the VX in the corner. When he disappears, or whatever, and they come for the leased (or financed) Lex or Merc......you got something to drive away in

if you are gonna accept that amount.. I will be at your house on thursday with a cashiers check.... the money would mean more coming from me then the markdown on a 50,000 lexus....

99 Astral Silver VX #1872 + 99 Ironman WIP

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Always pay cash for a car!!! NEVER trade a car!!! What he gives, he may some day take away. He wants to buy a RX 350 (zzzzzzz) for ya....fine....the 3k won't matter to him...right? Keep the VX in the corner. When he disappears, or whatever, and they come for the leased (or financed) Lex or Merc......you got something to drive away in
    I'd add to that...
    When you allow others to decide what you drive, you also allow them to decide, in part, who you are.
    It sounds as if being seen in the "right" wheels is awfully important to ?...him or you?

Quote Originally Posted by vxDAKINECHICvx View Post
    Let me start out by saying how much I love my vx and all you guys!

But uh, well, my bf took me to look at some lexusmobiles because we are car fanatics, and well we love going to see whats out there in the world of BMWs (x6 comes out in March!), mercedes, etc. He, however, can purchase any car or cars he woud like, and me, well not so much. BUT with a few years behind us and the extremely rockin' love makin' ...he decides I indeed am up for a new ride! Say, the rx350. Pretty smokin' considering its a total soccer mom grocery getter but hey its got some performance there. With sad regret though, the VX may have to go. Knowing that, the lexus man decides to get me 3k for my vx. What?!?!?! Alright crack whore..guess again! If that is seriously what its worth, I would much rather keep my VX. I DO love it...ugh. Has anyone else heard of this disgust of such a low number to offer??? Uh I think not!
    Hmm... forget what these guys are saying! If a few years of rockin' love makin' will garner a $35,000 ride - then I am sure stepping it up to rockin' screamin' toe-curlin' hard-core bed-breakin' non-sugar-coated SEX for the next month will garner $3000 to keep the VX. Hell, do it all kinky in the VX so he gains a new respect for your beloved ride (pun intended) and you'll both want to keep it in the stable!
    Sent from my "two hands on a keyboard"

First off - $3K is a JOKE; $10-12K would be more reasonable (of course I wouldn't part with my VX for more - which wouldn't necessarily be forthcoming, therefore I get to keep it - Ha Ha ).

Second - a Lexus RX 350?? Are you Mad! I'd hold out for an Infiniti FX 45!! (Now that's something I've actually considered trading my VX for ... OK, not really ... but I like it ...)

My $0.02

Part of my post is said in a joking way...zeus caught it...hehe. Thanks! I'm definitely holding out for the BMW X6 after researching it and seeing it at the Detroit Auto Show. Will most likely keep my VX as it's not worth anything less than 10k to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vxDAKINECHICvx View Post
    Part of my post is said in a joking way...zeus caught it...hehe. Thanks! I'm definitely holding out for the BMW X6 after researching it and seeing it at the Detroit Auto Show. Will most likely keep my VX as it's not worth anything less than 10k to me.
    Very nice choice and good decision! As far as the rockin' love makin' goes... I wasn't joking! HAHA!

BTW, are you and your dude joining the convoy to Moab? Cuz you should!

Quote Originally Posted by ZEUS View Post
    Very nice choice and good decision! As far as the rockin' love makin' goes... I wasn't joking! HAHA!

BTW, are you and your dude joining the convoy to Moab? Cuz you should!
    I like you

Hold out for THIS

And of course keep the VX!
    Billy Oliver
    15xIronman
    My Sponsors:
    Accelerate3Coaching
    TriSports.com (PM me for 1 time use 20% off code)

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Hold out for THIS

Agreed!!!!! Yep... I would go for that any day! Of course, it would be beside the VX in the garage, not replacing it.
    ~*~Cece~*~

- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

[quote=Triathlete;116087]Hold out for THIS

Hey, that ain't half bad, and I hate humvee's. Don't get me wrong, it is one hell of a military utility vehicle, not sure if there has been one better. But the street version was, lets face it, ugly. the H2 was ugly and gaudy with all that bling and the H3, yea right, PLEEASEE.

But this 2 door version ain't bad
    Greetings, Earthling. We come in peace... Never mind "Paris to Dakar", the VehiCROSS looks ready for the Martian desert.

Quote Originally Posted by Triathlete View Post
    Hold out for THIS

I think I just spunked a little. I have been waiting quite a while to see what "Wrangler-fighter" Hummer had been talking about... it looks great; too bad it's IFS - is it IRS too? It just doesn't have the tech needed to match the Wrangler offroad until it has dual SA's!