Thread: Trans shift indicator on dash not lighting up

Question Trans shift indicator on dash not lighting up

Okay guys, I know one of you knows what curcuit/switch this juices through. Not a bulb problem, wouldn't have lost them all. Changed the trans range switch to correct a rough downshift. While it fixed the trans problem, it didn't give me back my dash indicator lamps. Something different causing this.
    Help!!!

Also have a electrical malfunction that I believe is the combo switch. Hit the high beams one morning and all hell broke loose. The left turn signal and dash indicator stay lit with the headlamps on and left turn signal doesn't flash. Right works normally. With headlamps off, both turn signals work, but dash lights flash with left turn signal. Combo switch was what Keith @ Denver Isuzu claims likely problem. The only component that all these lights power through together. Back ordered, of course. Found one at a Linc/Merc/Isuzu dealer in Tennesee and it's en route. Guy hooked me up and gave it to me for 20% over cost + 2nd day ups ( $194 + $20 freight). I used that "former Ford parts person" thing. It's not often Isuzu is paired with a Ford/Linc/Merc dealer, so that was a bonus. They feel sorry for you and cut you a break. After reading some the posts about turn signal and factory alarm wiring/connector issues, I'm not so sure. I'll post a follow up on that once the switch is installed.

Heh, we also do Linc/Merc/Isuzu... Maybe it was some odd trend the owners were doing back in the day?

The combo switch is a common problem for ALL Isuzus.

The indicator lights may be a common ground issue. Is there ANY voltage at the bulb sockets or on the light board underneath?